UnevenEdge

Cattle industry takes hit....passes savings onto you

André Toulon

Since my other thread got lost in the move, on top of cows dropping dead all over TX and probably anywhere else with this kind of heat, milk prices had shot up overnight and I see why.

$5.89 a gal....not even for Borden....the local brew.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.actionnews5.com/2022/07/29/beef-milk-prices-rise-drought-puts-strain-cattle-industry/%3foutputType=amp

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

back in the mid 80's, my stepbrother moved to alaska for 6 months, and he said the price of milk up there was over 5$/gal. 

i just looked up the price in alaska today, and it's cheaper. like much cheaper. eggs as well, which is a topic of hot discussion in these parts. 

so, now, without falling down that rabbit hole, i wonder which states are affected more by inflation 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Cheese seems unmoved though....or at least the cheese in failmart is still the same....I need to check these cheese store because what I think that tells me is Walmart cheese ain't real

Cheese has a longer shelf life so it tends to climb more slowly up the price ladder. 

• Like 1

Fucking drought this year has been terrible. This area does a lot of dairy and beef as well, and it's always been like a corporate survivor spin off for the giants when we have a long drought it's like every other year here sometimes.. This one has sucked bad though.. I had my front yard green after like non stop soaking my entire property at lest once or twice daily, but I stopped for like three days, and I'm back to dusty dead shit. That's why most big real estate around here just does the whole tarp with a bunch of rocks and a cactus or  two planted somewhere when they remodel..

If I didn't have animals that appreciate a normal lawn I'd probably do that shit myself.. 

• Like 1