UnevenEdge

overall thoughts on the funimation/crunchyroll merger?

CountFrylock

Outside of Toonami being locked out of most FUNimation shows like [as] was back when the linear FUNimation Channel was a thing, I can't say anything feels "different" enough for me to really complain at people about it.

Edited by PokeNirvash

The other day I was watching something on CR and the audio just went completely silent for 30 damn seconds, and there's comments about it since the day it was uploaded so it's definitely something wrong with the actual video and not on the customer end. Funi's player had its share of issues but I straight up never saw a problem like that before, so I'm guessing FuniRoll's just not doing any quality checks anymore as a way to cut costs.

2 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

There be treasure in the Nyaa Sea.

That's typically where I go.

Not that I don't want to support the anime industry, but I honestly don't watch anywhere close to enough to justify paying for a subscription. Also I detest both CR and Funi, especially Funi, and don't want to give either my money.

As for anime, I typically only watch on average 2, maybe 3 new anime series a year (and mostly just rewatch shows I watched 1-2 decades ago). And when I say new, I'm referring to shit that's new to me, even stuff that came out like a decade ago. Also I typically only watch TV for an hour or two while lying down for the night.

I am actually looking to find either a new or "new" series to start watching at night. I recently rewatched all of the Tiger & Bunny stuff also season 2. Before that I rewatched Code Geass (I really wish they'd crank out more of that series...). I remember spending a couple months (1-2 hours each night) rewatching the YGO series, from the OG one all the way up to 5D's. I'm not against watching a 100+ episode series, but I have no interest in shows like Naruto/Boruto or One Piece. If I ever were to watch One Piece it'd probably be up to around Skypeia, since the Water 7 and Enie's Lobby arcs left a really bad taste in my mouth with how bad the series can drag on, that getting worse as it goes.

I imagine someone will probably recommend the Demon Slayer series but I'll pass. I'm not a fan of series that seek to kill off every single character of theirs.

Edited by DBAss