UnevenEdge

One Piece Episodes 521-522 Discussion

7 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

unfortunately, i starts with this season.

this arc is a terrific one, but the episodes begin gtting a little stretched out here. this is season nine; in my dreams, toonami acquired and aired seasons 7, 8, and 9 and then they can either take or leave season 10 and onward.

i'll be satisfied if it goes on hiatus after this season ends, but i hope it'll continue airing

Oh ok.  Well I am surprised the show lasted this long without resorting to such tactics at least.  I just don't get why Toei won't do filler arcs.  And I guess being "grandfathered in" and possibly greed stops them switching to a seasonal model.  One Piece is like the last long-runner left.  Every other manga adaptation had the sense to go seasonal.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  Well I am surprised the show lasted this long without resorting to such tactics at least.  I just don't get why Toei won't do filler arcs.  And I guess being "grandfathered in" and possibly greed stops them switching to a seasonal model.  One Piece is like the last long-runner left.  Every other manga adaptation had the sense to go seasonal.

they do filler arcs, but they keep them pretty short (which i prefer) but they have to worry about catghint up with the manga