UnevenEdge

Beginning 2022 with a BANG!! Cowboy Bebop Marathon Discussion

How perfect. We end the night with a "BANG."

And of course, also a "LATER".

But it's that scene that leads me to believe that the plan was always to air Sessions 1-6 tonight; it's just we WOULD have gotten Ass Class beginning this week instead of next week, or something.

The Netflix shade was fairy subtle.  A few lines that were definitely cracks but no “Welcome to the Ouch!” jokes.  I know Steve Blum has been rather adamant about people not going after the actors so I can presume he asked them to use a lighter touch.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Jman said:

The Netflix shade was fairy subtle.  A few lines that were definitely cracks but no “Welcome to the Ouch!” jokes.  I know Steve Blum has been rather adamant about people not going after the actors so I can presume he asked them to use a lighter touch.

I didn't notice or more accurately I wasn't expecting any specifically because of Steve and his comments on Twitter in defense of the show. I don't blame him at all for doing so, but everyone who disliked the LA show isn't just a "hater". I gave it an honest shot and I thought it was downright terrible. The writing genuinely pissed me off.

Edited by saito34
  • Thanks 2

The show was garbage, the direction wretched, and the woman who played Faye was a clown.  

On top of that, the timing was pretty damn coincidental for it not to be shade.  But it felt more like TOM celebrating Bebop as the anime classic it is rather than comparing it to the recently cancelled trainwreck.