UnevenEdge

My laptop is decrepit

Lasty

I just had to disable the trackpad and touchscreen, obliging me to use a mouse, which takes up my last functional usb port, so now I can't charge all of my devices simultaneously.

Seriously, if anyone wants to help out, message me and I'll send you my Venmo or cashapp info. Or you could send me a laptop, which would be better.

Depending on what you use your laptop for, you could probably just buy a relatively cheap used one off ebay. There's a lot of pretty good ones you'll find from time to time in the $200-250 price range. Many times with those kinds of pcs it's a case where it's a business that's trying to get rid of old hardware, so they're typically in good condition.

I only really use my desktop pcs, with my phone handling any needs of mine when I'm away from home. The laptop I do have is second hand that I got from a friend of mine for free, it being made in 2015 or possibly 2016. I completely refurbished it when I got it from him, with the keyboard being gunked up full of crud, with a lot of the keys not responsive. The screen was also in horrible shape and couldn't be cleaned. Whatever he used in the past to clean definitely wasn't intended to be used on displays. The whole thing itself had some caked in dirt, but I set out to completely refurbish it. It's easy to find replacement hardware online, and managed to get a new keyboard, monitor, as well as a replacement battery for less than $100, and I cleaned the hell out of the thing, getting rid of all the caked in dirt. As far as upgrades go, the only thing I changed there was replacing the shitty hdd with an SSD that I already had, I then installed Linux Mint Cinnamon onto it, which is more light weight and efficient compared to a typical windows install, also it's free. If you ever buy a secondhand laptop, replacing the hdd with an ssd is always the first thing you should do. After all those improvements this one of mine runs great and like brand new.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

my laptop aint doing too hot either. one of the hinges is off. some of the keys arent as responsive, random crashes probably due to overheating or degrading electronics. 

My left shift button doesn't work much at all, considering it's missing and I have to press pretty hard on this little rubber nub thing. Makes gaming difficult...

On 12/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, Lasty said:

I just had to disable the trackpad and touchscreen, obliging me to use a mouse, which takes up my last functional usb port, so now I can't charge all of my devices simultaneously.

Seriously, if anyone wants to help out, message me and I'll send you my Venmo or cashapp info. Or you could send me a laptop, which would be better.

51oDgxl908L._AC_SY355_.jpg