UnevenEdge

Blade Runner Black Friday Toonami Takeover Discussion!!

I'll be here for Black Out 2022 but won't comment live - may provide post-airing thoughts - and I'll DVR 2049 to watch some other time, probably a day where I actually have four hours of time to kill doing something besides listening to anime music on YouTube and hornyposting in a Microsoft Word file.

Edited by PokeNirvash

This is kind of a weird block. It's like they used some Toonami bumpers, but they forgot to use them all the time. It also didn't begin with an intro by T.O.M. and S.A.R.A., but after Black Out 2022, a bump announcing 2049 is up next followed. It's kinda like on the edge of being Toonami and just plain ol' [as].

Edited by OwlChemist81

I don't think it ever has. Maybe a Batman Live Action movie back in the day?

Other Toonamis over the globe HAVE aired live action, but not U.S. Toonami.

But, as I mentioned before, I'm not sure this block actually counts as "Toonami" after all.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Has Toonami ever aired an actual live-action movie before?

6 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I don't think it ever has. Maybe a Batman Live Action movie back in the day?

Burton Batman 1 in 2005, Raimi Spider-Man 1 in 2007. This is the first time Toonami's aired a big live-action film since those two, and [as]'s first outright, as their only two live-action movies until now have been The Room and Black Dynamite.

14 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Tom and Sarah and some proper Toonami bumpers seem to be missing or just the themed bumpers show up. 

Yeah, DeMarco said they were prevented from doing that by [as] because it would make the movie run too long. Pretty disappointing. I ended up deleting my DVR recording as I realized there was no real reason to put on a censored version with none of the Toonami flavor over the version on HBO Max... although they're currently caught in a controversy involving a censored version of Birds of Prey, so who knows about that, really.

I did get to watch Black Out 2022, and I liked it. Interesting that Sentai did a dub of this, because I wasn't aware that it had one until now. And the Black dude who plays Nyanta in the Log Horizon dub voices the main character? Sweet. Also, in a nice coincidence, I just saw a tweet today featuring a screencap from Bebop that talked about a loss of all data from before 2022? Since this is a Watanabe joint, I have to assume that's an intentional reference. 🙂

3 hours ago, Blatch said:

Yeah, DeMarco said they were prevented from doing that by [as] because it would make the movie run too long. Pretty disappointing. I ended up deleting my DVR recording as I realized there was no real reason to put on a censored version with none of the Toonami flavor over the version on HBO Max... although they're currently caught in a controversy involving a censored version of Birds of Prey, so who knows about that, really.

I did get to watch Black Out 2022, and I liked it. Interesting that Sentai did a dub of this, because I wasn't aware that it had one until now. And the Black dude who plays Nyanta in the Log Horizon dub voices the main character? Sweet. Also, in a nice coincidence, I just saw a tweet today featuring a screencap from Bebop that talked about a loss of all data from before 2022? Since this is a Watanabe joint, I have to assume that's an intentional reference. 🙂

which is weird because someone online noted that the generic adultswim bumpers are a bit longer than the toonami bumpers(3-5 second difference)

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Burton Batman 1 in 2005, Raimi Spider-Man 1 in 2007. This is the first time Toonami's aired a big live-action film since those two, and [as]'s first outright, as their only two live-action movies until now have been The Room and Black Dynamite.

Well, I guess I was right about the Batman movie!