UnevenEdge

Netflix doing anime presentation November 9 with preview of Stone Ocean

Jman

2 hours ago, Chapinator_X said:

Oh yeah… Jolyne is stuck in both Green Dolphin Street Prison AND Netflix Jail…

image.gif.eb3935e867bb462059fd07a34714b6cd.gif

Actually IIRC I think they were going to release Stone Ocean weekly.  Of course if that’s not true please feel free to throw eggs and tomatoes at the nearest Netflix employee.

Deadline has the total announcements here -

https://deadline.com/2021/11/netflix-slate-japanese-anime-live-action-titles-1234870477/

Stone Ocean will be released monthly in 12 episode increments.

Yu Yu Hakusho debuts December 2023.

Alice in Borderland S2 hits next year to scratch the Squid Game itch.

More Aggretsuko next month.

Gundam reveals its first concept art heavily implying it’s an adaptation of the original series.  No word on who Chris Pratt might play.

Seven Deadly Sins movies.

Season 2 of Tiger and Bunny.

And some other stuff.

• Like 1

@Jman, you mofo always be talking about how Netflix shits on Toonami, man.

Why ain't you suckin Scissor Seven's d so hard I would eventually look it up sooner than I did?

Wait, hang on. Before you watch that, be sure to grab a couple buckets. You'll need them for how much you're gonna jizz yourself for a full minute straight.

I saw a anituber rant for 25 minutes about Netflix's release schedule of Jojo. Apparently he thinks this shows Netflix's "experiment" with the weekly episode release for anime is "over" and this is proof, because he CLEARLY been to ever single Netflix internal meeting that he has access to. 

Also he mentioned something called "Jojo Fridays", which I have never heard of before. I guess all the previous Jojo anime seasons have premiered in Japan on Fridays. Huh.

Of course, but I never participated in them in their simulcast form. I did watch season 1 with my uncle week-by-week during our Friday get-togethers in late 2015/early 2016, which is pretty close.

We also watched Is This a Zombie? during those same watch sessions at around the same time, which made for an interesting combo to say the least.

Never forget what they took away from us:

image.png.f17d9d70e44b0bc48b445f8071b9553f.png

But even though it’s far better than Netflix quietly smothering the show like what they’d do with their older anime, they never realized how screwy their batch schedule can get. 

Shaman King has been a weekly release since April, but Netflix is still on Episode 12 while the broadcast is currently on Episode 31.

For a lack of better words, a release like this for Stone Ocean would be complete ass. If that’s the template they’re working off of, you’ll either have to deal with the irregular batches or sail the seven seas to keep up with everyone watching it. 

1 minute ago, Jman said:

It’s been on Netflix for a few weeks in preparation for the live action version.

Eh, I might give it a shot then. 

Been a few years since I last watched it through. 

I'm not looking forward to the live action Cowboy Bebop show, though. 

It might be good for all I know but all I can think when I see clips is how O L D John Cho looks. 

He's like twice as old as Spike canonically is and there's just no getting around that fact.