UnevenEdge

Fena Pirate Princess(Episode 8): a knight's vow

CountFrylock

R.I.P. Ruimble Rose  

5 members have voted

1. 1. how many more characters will die?

• only a few
    • none it's just the rumble rose pirates
    • well i bet only the name less rose pirates are dead
    • everyone except for fena

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why would it need so many more episodes?

Can they really finish in just 3 eps when they haven't even really fought Abel properly even once yet and we're still digging into backstory?

Are we only going to see them fight once? Are we only going to see this advanced submarine-like ship in action once in the whole show if that?

Plus the show's been great, I don't want them to just brush past everything.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Can they really finish in just 3 eps when they haven't even really fought Abel properly even once yet and we're still digging into backstory?

There's four episodes left and I'm not sure it needs much more than that honestly.  Fight Abel, get to Eden, etc.  Not much else needs to happen.  We don't need to hear everyone's backstory either.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

There's four episodes left and I'm not sure it needs much more than that honestly.  Fight Abel, get to Eden, etc.  Not much else needs to happen.  We don't need to hear everyone's backstory either.

You REALLY think we're gonna get to Eden in Season 1!? 🤣

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Are there 4 more? Is it getting 13 instead of 12?

Are they really going to go straight from here to finding Eden with no other obstacles?

Even then though, that still seems like a lot unless the pacing is really tight, this week was all backstory, next week looks like more needed backstory around Fena/Joan/her mom? and our crew still hasn't really been in any full ship or land battles yet (other than that little skirmish in town and their brief rescue last week), not to mention the brother seems like a real threat too in addition to Abel and you'd think whatever they find on Eden will cause some future action rather than that just being the ending, especially with their leaders seemingly resorting to a death order about Fena.

I guess it's possible they can do it, but this has potential for more, so I wish it was longer.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Are there 4 more? Is it getting 13 instead of 12?

Are they really going to go straight from here to finding Eden with no other obstacles?

Even then though, that still seems like a lot unless the pacing is really tight, this week was all backstory, next week looks like more needed backstory around Fena/Joan/her mom? and our crew still hasn't really been in any full ship or land battles yet (other than that little skirmish in town and their brief rescue last week), not to mention the brother seems like a real threat too in addition to Abel and you'd think whatever they find on Eden will cause some future action rather than that just being the ending, especially with their leaders seemingly resorting to a death order about Fena.

I guess it's possible they can do it, but this has potential for more, so I wish it was longer.

This episode 8, so there should be 4 more episodes. 

Making it longer seems like it would drag it out to me.  I don't see the need.  Everyone will probably converge on Eden and there will probably be a big three or four way battle there, depending on if any of the pirate girls survived.

So if the backstory for the next episode takes up the whole episode, that can leave the other three for the rest of the trip and final battle.

I dunno, the pacing kinda reminds me of the old 26 episode shows so rather than dragging it feels like there's still so much potential stuff left to do. 

Like it feels like things would get bigger after they reach Eden, not just end there.

But we'll see maybe they can make a satisfying ending in just 4 more eps.

16 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I dunno, the pacing kinda reminds me of the old 26 episode shows so rather than dragging it feels like there's still so much potential stuff left to do. 

Like it feels like things would get bigger after they reach Eden, not just end there.

But we'll see maybe they can make a satisfying ending in just 4 more eps.

I'm sure there is a lot more that could be done with this world and characters, but to me it feels like it's headed towards its conclusion.  I see it ending at Eden.

Well, to me, it doesn't make much sense to make this big co-production and not finish the story all in one go.  If the show was unsuccessful you would have an unfinished story. 

Or if some corporate reshuffling happens, which did.  We don't know if the Adult Swim/Crunchyroll partnership will continue.  Demarco even said, when the news of the sale first hit, that he enjoyed working with Crunchyroll while it lasted.

Heck, will Crunchyroll and Funimation be merged together?  Will both continue to exist in some form?  We don't know.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

They obviously inked a contract for more episodes if they introduced this season as "season 1", which, as I present here, the original promo DID at 1:21:

Yeah, I forgot about that over the weekend but that's another thing that made me always think it was going to be longer than just one set of 12-13 eps.

And then with how they were pacing out the story so far after the fast start when things started slowing down more like a longer show.

Edited by DangerMouse