UnevenEdge

The Matrix: Resurrections

BooThickemz

28 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

The concept of the movie lends itself to the prevalent fan theory that they never really escaped the Matrix and just found another level.  I'm hoping it plays with that idea and keeps going.

Also hoping that somehow Agent Smith returns.

Yes, his smile always makes me smile.

I get sad when they change actors on me. Hope that doesn’t happen

Laurence Fishburne was replaced.  From what it looks like, Morpheus is the villain.  My brain is already going full theory crafting, thinking Morpheus has actually escaped from the robots in the past 20 years, and the Morpheus in the new movie is a remnant of Agent Smith seeking vengeance against the machines and using Neo and Trinity as bait to get the machines to reveal themselves.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Laurence Fishburne was replaced.  From what it looks like, Morpheus is the villain.  My brain is already going full theory crafting, thinking Morpheus has actually escaped from the robots in the past 20 years, and the Morpheus in the new movie is a remnant of Agent Smith seeking vengeance against the machines and using Neo and Trinity as bait to get the machines to reveal themselves.

Yes, i saw that. But im happy about the mains.

but i’ll miss LF. This morpheus looks so young

1 minute ago, BooThickemz said:

Yes, i saw that. But im happy about the mains.

but i’ll miss LF. This morpheus looks so young

I've probably fantasy-drafted at least two more Matrix movies after this one.  I'm hoping that they leave room for Laurence Fishburne to come back as well, but I'm excited to see where this goes.  I'm not gonna write off Fake Morpheus though, because I have a feeling they're going to reveal him as a program before the end of the movie and I think the character has some major potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GuyBeardmane said:

I've probably fantasy-drafted at least two more Matrix movies after this one.  I'm hoping that they leave room for Laurence Fishburne to come back as well, but I'm excited to see where this goes.  I'm not gonna write off Fake Morpheus though, because I have a feeling they're going to reveal him as a program before the end of the movie and I think the character has some major potential.

I hope the machines will have a story. I believe they are responsible for saving neo and keeping him hidden after he helped them.

Realistically speaking, I expect this movie to ruffle some feathers and probably not be that good. The Wachowskis hit a grand slam with the first movie, but pretty much all of their work since then have been either bunts or full on strikes. I can still watch and enjoy the Matrix sequels, but they're nowhere near as good as the first.

I'll still watch this one to see what they do, but John Wick 4 will definitely be the superior one of the two coming up Keanu movies.

My theories as to what happened is Neo was obviously plugged back into the Matrix before he died, since at the end of the last movie it shows the machines moving his body off screen. Either they do something that saves his body, or they just upload his mind to the matrix and his real body is still dead. He could possibly be a clone of Neo, since the machines do grow humans already. There will likely be something they're wanting or expecting of him, since I doubt they did that out of the kindness of their cold, mechanical heart. That or maybe his mind was just stuck inside the Matrix after his fight with Smith and how the matrix was rebooted after the fight. In the trailer he's shown being prescribed blue pills, so I feel like maybe he remained in the matrix after his body died, and for some reason the machines don't want to (or maybe they can't for some reason) kill him, so they try to avoid him "reawakening" in a sense. Trinity straight up died, so unless the machines took her body and were able to plug her back in to save her, that's most likely just a fake Trinity that was made (likely gonna be a villain character, maybe they'll show us a woman Agent that was modeled after her). They're probably trying to go the route of giving Neo a perfect life, but in the lore of the series, with how the first version of the matrix was a perfect weird, nobody could accept it as reality. I do think it's out of place for them to have their new Morpheus looking the same as he did (unless the scene in the trailer shown was them making something that's supposed to take place in the past), which makes me think it's some kind of trick. One thing they probably could do is say Morpheus died in the years after the last film. They cast the guy Yahya Abdul-Mateen II to play Morpheus, so I feel like he'll be someone else, likely a human that's trying to get Neo to reawaken, them taking on the form of someone that was incredibly influential over him.

Or they could just go the route and validate the fan theory that the "real world" wasn't real, and was just an added layer to the Matrix to deceive the humans that rejected the matrix.

• Thanks 1

Just thought of something that would definitely make for some interesting mind fuckery. Originally during the development of the first movie they wanted to have it where humans were being used as essentially cpus, where their brains were to be part of a powerful network; or something along those lines, but they were told to simplify it since late 90's - early 00's people wouldn't be able to really understand that stuff, so they changed it to the machines used them like a battery (which is stupid as all hell).

One thing I actually do think they might go the route of, especially if they do decide to make it a thing where the "real world" is just another layer of the matrix, is if they were to make it a case where quite literally everything they knew was a lie. The matrix, the "real world" even the history they thought they knew about the machine war that led to the downfall and enslavement of the human race, if all of it were a lie. If they go full simulation theory and have it where the true real world is just a normal, highly advanced human civilization, and they created everything that was shown and seen in the series. If they created a world to simulate if machines took over and enslaved the race.

• Thanks 1

I also thought of the clone idea because trinity and neo died in the machine world.

i feel also though they scavenged their bodies and regrew them, but as different people. I believe the machines feared neo just like smith, so they didn’t want him to remember who he once was. 

i think traces of people are saved in genetic material, so i think it’d be impossible to erase their memories completely

3 hours ago, BooThickemz said:

I also thought of the clone idea because trinity and neo died in the machine world.

i feel also though they scavenged their bodies and regrew them, but as different people. I believe the machines feared neo just like smith, so they didn’t want him to remember who he once was. 

i think traces of people are saved in genetic material, so i think it’d be impossible to erase their memories completely

One youtuber I watch was mentioning a theory either he had or was just going around is maybe this is just a hundred or two years in the future and the cycle is repeating itself, like how the architect of the matrix mentioned in the second one, and this could be a different version of Neo, since The One is someone that's always reborn each cycle. I don't think they're gonna go that route since Morpheus and Trinity were shown. Though if they do then one possibility is that the Neo we had in the movies changed because of the events of movies, and his experiences are bleeding over into the next version of The One. Maybe Trinity and Morpheus aren't actually there at all, and they're just something akin to illusions or hallucinations Neo is having, perhaps as a side effect to taking the blue pills.

That could be the case but I don't think they'll full on go that route. I'm pretty sure they'll just go the route of after Neo died to Smith and the machines were shown dragging away his body if they decide to fix it up and plug it back into the matrix. They are able to grow humans, so they probably could repair the damage done to his body, like being blinded by Smith. Perhaps with how powerful he is inside the matrix maybe they wanted to control and use him, but maybe that's not possible so instead they go through all those means to keep him out of the way. With the medication, therapy, and so on

• 3 months later...