UnevenEdge

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Ok well I have no idea how Monoma's power works now.  And I don't know if he was lying about anything he said either.

sounds like he can copy three powers, but can switch between them back and forth for five minutes. but when it's an effect-type power, rather than a direct physical power, the effects remain for the whole five minutes, even if he's switched to another quirk in the meantime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

What is that _______ martial arts Uraraka keeps using?  I can't understand her every time she says it.  And when did she learn it?

Gunhead Martial Arts

during her work study, she worked under the badass martial artist Gunhead. his powers weren't compatible with her powers, necessriy, but he tught her a handfu of powrfu judo moves that shes incorported into her repertoire. so, in addition to hving weightessness powers, she can subdue people directly in hand to hand combat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

What is that _______ martial arts Uraraka keeps using?  I can't understand her every time she says it.  And when did she learn it?

Gunhead Martial Arts.

She chose to train with Pro Hero Gunhead after the Bakugo tournament fight after realizing her lack of close range.

maxresdefault.jpg

rka3vp53vap01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

sounds like he can copy three powers, but can switch between them back and forth for five minutes. but when it's an effect-type power, rather than a direct physical power, the effects remain for the whole five minutes, even if he's switched to another quirk in the meantime.

Oooh I see.  Then Monoma's power is more hax than I thought.  I thought before he could only copy one at a time and use it for 5 minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

The bouncing off them is a pretty cool addition.

I said Monoma not Mineta lol.

3 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

Gunhead Martial Arts

during her work study, she worked under the badass martial artist Gunhead. his powers weren't compatible with her powers, necessriy, but he tught her a handfu of powrfu judo moves that shes incorported into her repertoire. so, in addition to hving weightessness powers, she can subdue people directly in hand to hand combat

3 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Gunhead Martial Arts.

She chose to train with Pro Hero Gunhead after the Bakugo tournament fight after realizing her lack of close range.

maxresdefault.jpg

rka3vp53vap01.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Was this covered in past episodes or like an off-screen thing?  I feel like I don't remember this at all.

10 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I said Monoma not Mineta lol.

Was this covered in past episodes or like an off-screen thing?  I feel like I don't remember this at all.

It was covered in the past, but pretty sure it was mentioned very briefly in like one scene of her there with Gunhead lol.

Like the one scene we got of Momo and Kendo interning with that hero that we learned did modeling on the side lol.

Edited by DangerMouse

14 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

It was covered in the past, but pretty sure it was mentioned very briefly in like one scene of her there with Gunhead lol.

Like the one scene we got of Momo and Kendo interning with that hero that we learned did modeling on the side lol.

So it was mentioned and there was a brief flashback to it?  We didn't see the full-on actual training?

I think that was multiple scenes actually.  I thought we kept going back to it as we jumped around between the different internships.  

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I think the first time we see her finally put it to use was against Toga

HWLDQds.gif

Huh.  Ok.  I don't remember Uraraka ever exclaiming "Gunhead Martial Arts!" before though.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So it was mentioned and there was a brief flashback to it?  We didn't see the full-on actual training?

I think that was multiple scenes actually.  I thought we kept going back to it as we jumped around between the different internships.  

Huh.  Ok.  I don't remember Uraraka ever exclaiming "Gunhead Martial Arts!" before though.

Yeah we got quick bits of all them across the ep. Oh hey, here we go, didn't know anyone clipped it! This should help.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah we got quick bits of all them across the ep. Oh hey, here we go, didn't know anyone clipped it! This should help.

Thanks, I totally blanked on that for some reason.  Now I remember this guy.  This was in the first season, right?

LMAO the part at the end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Thanks, I totally blanked on that for some reason.  Now I remember this guy.  This was in the first season, right?

LMAO the part at the end.

Yeah that ending was funny lol.

Didn't remember either, but I was able to find it in Episode 31 "The Aftermath of Hero Killer: Stain".