UnevenEdge

They grow up too fast

Le Guignon

My son is 5'8.5".  He hasn't turned 13 yet and he also hasn't even really begun puberty.  I'm only 5'1.5" and I stopped growing at like 12/13.

I'm fascinated by how tall he's gonna end up being. I wonder if I should encourage him to play basketball? He already plays baseball and I play tennis.

Edited by Le Guignon

He doesn't particularly seem interested in basketball, hence the encouraging him. Sports are a good outlet for him and I was thinking being tall would benefit him in basketball? He's not exactly the most coordinated though and I was thinking it might help with that a bit too.  

He's pretty great at baseball.  His last game wasn't great. They decided to have him as a short stop instead of pitcher so he was kinda mad and his team didn't do well.

I was just mentioning the respective sports we play? His dad also played basketball around his age-he was on a school team.  Most of my side if the family also played baseball and basketball.  If anything though I want to encourage him to be involved in martial arts.

Edited by Le Guignon

11 minutes ago, Le Guignon said:

f anything though I want to encourage him to be involved in martial arts.

You, again, should ask him if he has an interest in it.

I believe every kids needs a physical activity, but thrusting one upon him because it's what you want might not go how you plan

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cyberbully said:

You, again, should ask him if he has an interest in it.

I believe every kids needs a physical activity, but thrusting one upon him because it's what you want might not go how you plan

He seemed mildly interested. 

He's more the nerdy/artsy type really. 

I'm not gonna force him to do sports lol

I just want him to give some various ones a decent shot to see how he feels about them.  

7 hours ago, Le Guignon said:

He doesn't particularly seem interested in basketball, hence the encouraging him. Sports are a good outlet for him and I was thinking being tall would benefit him in basketball? He's not exactly the most coordinated though and I was thinking it might help with that a bit too.  

He's pretty great at baseball.  His last game wasn't great. They decided to have him as a short stop instead of pitcher so he was kinda mad and his team didn't do well.

I was just mentioning the respective sports we play? His dad also played basketball around his age-he was on a school team.  Most of my side if the family also played baseball and basketball.  If anything though I want to encourage him to be involved in martial arts.

//> get dungeons and dragons ./