UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 348 "The New Akatsuki" Discussion

Looks like there wasn't one.

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN EPISODE 348 DISCUSSION

The New Akatsuki

Akatsuki's leaders Yahiko and Nagato attend a meeting with the Amegakure leader Hanzō after receiving a message from Danzō Shimura, who was under the code name Kanzō at the time.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

i was also confused by Hanzo. i knew he was an antagonist with a sense of honor and he named the sannin. but for him to be some sort of pacifist leader? where did that come from? i don't remember that? was that reveald during his time as a resurrected puppet combatant?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i was also confused by Hanzo. i knew he was an antagonist with a sense of honor and he named the sannin. but for him to be some sort of pacifist leader? where did that come from? i don't remember that? was that reveald during his time as a resurrected puppet combatant?

Yeah, no idea.

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

Well this is filler so maybe it's all bullshit.  Who knows haha.

oh, eww, konan's been captured.

god i hate how this series treats women. konan was the most disappointing meber of akatsuki. i remember how hype we were when she first showed her face in the manga and we thought it meant that kishimoto HAD to make a competent and powerful woman if she was a member of such an illustrious group. but then she just turned out to be a groupie for Pain

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

god i hate how this series treats women. konan was the most disappointing meber of akatsuki. i remember how hype we were when she first showed her face in the manga and we thought it meant that kishimoto HAD to make a competent and powerful woman if she was a member of such an illustrious group. but then she just turned out to be a groupie for Pain

Yup, she was by far the weakest member, had virtually no accomplishments, and just cheered them on outside of that one fight with Tobi/Obito.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

Well, Kishimoto said he's bad at writing women because he can't relate to them.  Lol.

Whoof, looks like he said even worse shit than that lmao.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/kishimoto-admits-to-being-trash-with-female-characters-in-numerous-interviews-get-the-tea-here.4464245/

Excerpt from Interview:

Shonen Jump: Sakura and Rock Lee don’t appear to have any of the special powers that ninja like Naruto, Sasuke, or Gaara have—do you think those two characters are popular because they provide a kind of reader’s-eye view of the story as it unfolds?

Masashi Kishimoto: Is Sakura popular in the U.S.? Well, Lee only has Taijutsu. And as a girl, Sakura is physically weaker than the others. So I can see why it’s easy to empathize with them. They represent human weaknesses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Well, Kishimoto said he's bad at writing women because he can't relate to them.  Lol.

Whoof, looks like he said even worse shit than that lmao.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/kishimoto-admits-to-being-trash-with-female-characters-in-numerous-interviews-get-the-tea-here.4464245/

Excerpt from Interview:

Shonen Jump: Sakura and Rock Lee don’t appear to have any of the special powers that ninja like Naruto, Sasuke, or Gaara have—do you think those two characters are popular because they provide a kind of reader’s-eye view of the story as it unfolds?

Masashi Kishimoto: Is Sakura popular in the U.S.? Well, Lee only has Taijutsu. And as a girl, Sakura is physically weaker than the others. So I can see why it’s easy to empathize with them. They represent human weaknesses.

I read that whole compilation and I'm just like, wow.  Kishi... I can't even.  lmao.

Some additional reading -

https://www.fanverse.org/threads/kishimoto-isnt-ignorant-on-writing-female-characters-hes-just-sexist.1170282/

xD

Although I don't agree a simple gender swap is possible since men and women aren't exactly alike, but Kishimoto could have done a lot better.  And don't give him credit for Sarada and ChoCho!  He doesn't write Boruto which is the reason why they don't suck lmao.

And this reply -

LYRAA3
4y

Kishimoto loves to write about brotherhood, thats his passion, the enthusiasm shows. He doesn't care for romance or sisterhood , it just doesnt interest him.

He's just there like...what do I do with these females...they dont have brotherhood...bleh guess it would make no sense to create a world without female population, I'll HAVE to include them a teeny bit.... urrgh now the editors say I need to put romance in it more but all I wanna write is brotherhood...girls boring...

ROFL

15 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

Yeah, it's probably the show that treats women the worst by far on Toonami, but I'd say its closest competitor in chauvinism is Food Wars.