UnevenEdge

The Promised Neverland Season 2 "Episode 10" Discussion!!!

5 minutes ago, elfie said:

... wait.

When did Isabella actually deflect and help the kids?? What are they gonna reveal?

I think I remember Isabella cut the ropes they used to escape at end of the first season after the kids cut them from the other end.  So they couldn't be tracked.  And encouraged the kids in an internal monolog.  There were some other subtle moments as well.  I thought Isabella might do this when she became the new Grandma, but I wasn't sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it was like this with spiderman homecoming 

(feel free to knock me for bragging about nothing)

but the vibe was just off. i could feel it. unless the story called for isabella to betray him at the last minute, there was no reason to have her following so closely behind him with a machine gun, so i was like "wait...what's about to happen?" and then betrayal

in SMH, the shot lingered just a moment too long on peter standing at Liz's doorstep before the prom and i got this instant vibe lke "something's wrong. this is playing like a BIG REVEAL moment, but why? oh my god, is her dad the vulture!???" *vulture opens door*

we watch enough of these things and we get a sense for the rhythm and what subtle beats are linked to what outcomes. it's fun.

• Like 2

Episode 10 - The Promised Neverland Season 2 - Anime News Network

ZERO POINT 5 STARS! It's like this show is doing the crap limbo; how low can it go?

That said, I actually ENJOYED this panned mess of an episode. I felt Isabella's turn actually SORT of made sense, only because her own son Ray was hanging in the balance. And maybe the other Moms finally saw their grief at having to sacrifice hapless children, sometimes even the fruit of their own loins, for years, just to save their own lives, so that when they finally saw their chance to revolt, they took it?

I do wish this show was given more time, maybe a full 26-episode season, and including the Goldy Pond arc. As is, we'll always have these charmingly done yet hilariously rushed 11 episodes, I guess. Like Game of Thrones, it will always make me wonder what could have been...

And as for next episode...

Spoiler

it doesn't get better.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1