UnevenEdge

Y'all ever broil?

SwimModSponges

Seeme like an inefficient method of cooking to me- like, heat rises, so wouldn't you want your food above the fire rather than below it?

I don't believe i've ever broiled anything. 

Inb4 everyone comes in and says "Bro you don't broil? Tf's wrong with you? Its the best goddamn way to cook. Flame broiled. If its good enough for whoppers its good enough for me."

33 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Seeme like an inefficient method of cooking to me- like, heat rises, so wouldn't you want your food above the fire rather than below it?

I don't believe i've ever broiled anything. 

Inb4 everyone comes in and says "Bro you don't broil? Tf's wrong with you? Its the best goddamn way to cook. Flame broiled. If its good enough for whoppers its good enough for me."

I can broil, too.  Just move the rack up closer to the element.

<.<

I think I'll make a burger tonight.

• D'oh 1

6 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

Broiling is great for hot sandwiches, that's about all I use it on. I have used the broiler to make toast and rolls as well. I will say it's nice you can easily make broiled toast perfect.

This. My toaster oven has a broil function and if I want to toast a samdwidgh, I pop it on broil for a few mins.

You can also bake bacon and then switch to broil for the final couple of minutes to make it come out perfect. This is good if you want to make a fuckton of bacon quickly.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chapinator_X said:

It’s great for anything you top with cheese. Like lasagna, ziti, and pizza. 

As a finish for every one of those though. At least I would say so. Kinda noticed I do way too much mozz on my lasagna lately. It's fucking delicious but some have been a bit salty.

3 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

As a finish for every one of those though. At least I would say so. Kinda noticed I do way too much mozz on my lasagna lately. It's fucking delicious but some have been a bit salty.

Yeah, the main trick would be to bake something all the way through, and then broil for the last couple minutes for a good crust. Did that with Moussaka lately and it had a nice top to it. I’d also recommend it for Shepard’s pie and Mac & Cheese. 

• Like 1