UnevenEdge

"Since When Did Adultswim air MHA?!"

9 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

noticed adultswim uploaded the MHA S5 trailer to youtube and looking at the comments

there were several actually surprised to see my hero academia on adultswim at all

some even confused by it

On the upside, I am elated to see this video trending online moreso than their usual promos. It seems it's everywhere I go on social media.

On the other hand, there are STILL people who never realized MHA is on Toonami!?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elfie said:

On the upside, I am elated to see this video trending online moreso than their usual promos. It seems it's everywhere I go on social media.

On the other hand, there are STILL people who never realized MHA is on Toonami!?

Dude, there's people that are still unaware Toonami came back after they were canceled.  They're horrible at advertising.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, elfie said:

some chalk this up to people who don't have cable anymore and watch everything via streaming services

• Sad 1

that many comments not knowing they aired it implies this season will have higher vieweship of confused people not knowing they were airing the previous seasons so it might be a good sign for ratings

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mochi said:

that many comments not knowing they aired it implies this season will have higher vieweship of confused people not knowing they were airing the previous seasons so it might be a good sign for ratings

Honestly, I think it's just a few people who are confused and the rest of the comments are bot algorithm spam.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

Honestly, I think it's just a few people who are confused and the rest of the comments are bot algorithm spam.

but considering there are people still fawning over 2 year DBS Episodes on toonami that have no clue anything else exists

can we really say it'd be unexpected?

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

LOL.  Demarco is horrible at advertising!

You know there are some people who don't even know Rick & Morty is made by or airs on Adult Swim?  They just watch it on streaming services.

this was a note from a recent interview he did

"- And the last thing was the topic about DB: Super reruns. Basically, that's Kim Manning's decision and the reason why it's starting the block is what we have known for a while: it brings in the ratings. The Toonami people see more data than the general public and the show brings in the casual people to Toonami. Jason did say that they're aware that some people are unhappy about this and he said the show won't be at midnight "forever" but it's there for the foreseeable future. He also said that while he appreciates the die-hard fans of the block, they're still a television network at the end of the day and they need to bring in the eyeballs. He also mentioned that My Hero Academia reruns don't do well on the block compared to Super and he speculated it's because My Hero's audience is much younger, so they'll stream it compared to DB fans."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

this was a note from a recent interview he did

"- And the last thing was the topic about DB: Super reruns. Basically, that's Kim Manning's decision and the reason why it's starting the block is what we have known for a while: it brings in the ratings. The Toonami people see more data than the general public and the show brings in the casual people to Toonami. Jason did say that they're aware that some people are unhappy about this and he said the show won't be at midnight "forever" but it's there for the foreseeable future. He also said that while he appreciates the die-hard fans of the block, they're still a television network at the end of the day and they need to bring in the eyeballs. He also mentioned that My Hero Academia reruns don't do well on the block compared to Super and he speculated it's because My Hero's audience is much younger, so they'll stream it compared to DB fans."

So the Super reruns stay there because the Dragon Ball fans are too much of boomers to watch it on a streaming service?  LOL.

Also why is Demarco speculating if they have ALL THE SECRET INFORMATION?

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

LOL.  Demarco is horrible at advertising!

Hey, he's no worse at it than Lazzo, the man who said himself - on the ASMB, no less! - that promos didn't help draw viewers in and that's why they quit making so many for anime.

At the time, I was satisfied enough with him confirming that he didn't hate all anime that I didn't even bother reading into that part.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Hey, he's no worse at it than Lazzo, the man who said himself - on the ASMB, no less! - that promos didn't help draw viewers in and that's why they quit making so many for anime.

At the time, I was satisfied enough with him confirming that he didn't hate all anime that I didn't even bother reading into that part.

If you the CEO of a network say that promos don't help draw in viewers, you should quit immediately.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 3:43 AM, ben0119 said:

So the Super reruns stay there because the Dragon Ball fans are too much of boomers to watch it on a streaming service?  LOL.

Also why is Demarco speculating if they have ALL THE SECRET INFORMATION?

and it's weird he mentions MHA Reruns but fails to mention MHA S5...which is new to the block but sits behind DBS Reruns

as you said all this speculation is bizarre if he has all this secret information(which is what he uses to shutdown any haters who complain about DBS Reruns)

8 hours ago, Daos said:

Dragonball ratings last week were what.... 317k? 

It sure brings in those ratings!

not according to the top secret numbers adultswim has that we can't access...at least that's what they want us to believe

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, PokeNirvash said:

LOL I remember that.  So ridiculous!

On 5/10/2021 at 3:58 AM, CountFrylock said:

and it's weird he mentions MHA Reruns but fails to mention MHA S5...which is new to the block but sits behind DBS Reruns

as you said all this speculation is bizarre if he has all this secret information(which is what he uses to shutdown any haters who complain about DBS Reruns)

not according to the top secret numbers adultswim has that we can't access...at least that's what they want us to believe

I guess he feels only a long runner can be an anchor.  Except those have gone the way of the dodo.  One Piece was grandfathered in and Toei won't change that, out of greed and stubbornness.  Even Pierott learned their lesson and gave Black Clover a break instead of making more filler!

Yeah there's no reason for Demarco to speculate if he has the Eye of Sauron lol.