UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer movie to air in Miami for one week as part of Oscar mandated theater run

Jman

Demon Slayer winning an Oscar is the longest of long shots (9 times out of 10, the statue is already mailed to Disney as soon as the nominees are announced and Soul is prime Oscar bait) but considering the state of filmgoing right now, it's worth a shot, right?

Right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PokeNirvash said:

Eh, call me when Demarco freezes over Hell to justify picking it up for a Toonami run.

Last I heard FUNi still wants to give it a limited national run.

If it were up to me I'd take the Netflix money and put it next to Mank.  Just have Netflix put all their Oscar nominees front and center.

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Demon Slayer winning an Oscar is the longest of long shots (9 times out of 10, the statue is already mailed to Disney as soon as the nominees are announced and Soul is prime Oscar bait) but considering the state of filmgoing right now, it's worth a shot, right?

Right?

An anime movie winning an Oscar is impossible unless their local distributor is Disney.

It’s one of those Hail Mary’s that Your Name tried to pull by trying to get nominated based on success overseas. Unfortunately, it’ll be a painful trek to see what wonderful films end up getting snubbed so that the fucking Croods could be in the top 5. 

If it’s not Wolfwalkers or Soul, then it’s pretty much just hogging up the space that should’ve gone to Ride Your Wave, A Whisker Away, or the Demon Slayer movie. 

On 2/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, Jman said:

Wolfwalkers better be nominated.  All I'm saying.

Of course it being on Apple TV makes me wonder if anyone saw the damn thing.

A majority of animated films Tomm Moore & Ross Stewart were involved with had Academy Award noms so unless there’s a major upset, my prediction is either they finally give Cartoon Salon an overdue Oscar or go with Soul as the more beloved American choice with Disney & Pixar being a safe bet for the “go with what my kids like” vote.