UnevenEdge

Black Clover's return is DEFINITELY gonna be a disaster

mochi

Funimation is based in Texas

they only managed to complete 8 episodes in the several months the show was off the block

and Texas seemingly is never going to have power again....and everyone is freezing to death.....so......it's unlikely they're going to be able to finish more >_>, I'm not trying to make light of what's happening in Texas....just pointing out a fact

it's also likely going to effect Fire Force's airing

• D'oh 5

By that logic, wouldn't ANY dub in progress at Funimation be a disaster!?

Also, FYI, a hurricane last year put our entire STATE out of power. We got it back within a week. Texas will be fine, but it may take about two weeks to recover them all, and they are bringing back power to hundreds every hour this morning,

However, it could have been much much worse if they waited minutes before they did something.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 2

I don't think it would have had as great an effect as most people think it would. Keep in mind that most VAs are already working remotely. It kinda depends on emergency disaster aid, but it's theoretically possible that if that worst-case scenario would have happened, most VAs would have simply moved to another state temporarily to do their recording.

But it IS indeed possible that AOT and BC have to go off the air for a while (Fire Force was a simuldub so it's pretty much through) at some point. I guess Toonami will just have to cross that bridge when they come to it. Reruns of AOT in the 12:30 AM timeslot is far from ideal, but they've done worse before.

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I don't think it would have had as great an effect as most people think it would. Keep in mind that most VAs are already working remotely. It kinda depends on emergency disaster aid, but it's theoretically possible that if that worst-case scenario would have happened, most VAs would have simply moved to another state temporarily to do their recording.

But it IS indeed possible that AOT and BC have to go off the air for a while (Fire Force was a simuldub so it's pretty much through) at some point. I guess Toonami will just have to cross that bridge when they come to it. Reruns of AOT in the 12:30 AM timeslot is far from ideal, but they've done worse before.

they are working at home, but keep in mind, all of Sentai's and Funimation's offices are in Texas, and most of their pool of talent and crew members LIVE in Texas.

It sucked losing power and heat for many hours at a time, for several days (late Sunday through Wednesday afternoon for me,) and I'm sure it affected some dubs too.  I noticed there was no new dub for Yashahime this week.  Hopefully they will not be too far behind though.  I hope the offices weren't damaged by the storm.  At any rate, I looked and can't find any statement from Funimation about the storm and outages on their website, Twitter, or Google search.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, elfie said:

By that logic, wouldn't ANY dub in progress at Funimation be a disaster!?

Also, FYI, a hurricane last year put our entire STATE out of power. We got it back within a week. Texas will be fine, but it may take about two weeks to recover them all, and they are bringing back power to hundreds every hour this morning,

However, it could have been much much worse if they waited minutes before they did something.

I didn't think you were from Texas.

I never knew Sentai was in Texas too.

It could have been worse, but it also didn't have to happen at all.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas/dallas-texas-electrical-power-outage-ercot-failures/287-50797307-0afe-43eb-8175-b78e7e4fc13a

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 6:48 AM, ben0119 said:

It sucked losing power and heat for many hours at a time, for several days (late Sunday through Wednesday afternoon for me,) and I'm sure it affected some dubs too.  I noticed there was no new dub for Yashahime this week.  Hopefully they will not be too far behind though.  I hope the offices weren't damaged by the storm.  At any rate, I looked and can't find any statement from Funimation about the storm and outages on their website, Twitter, or Google search.

I didn't think you were from Texas.

I never knew Sentai was in Texas too.

It could have been worse, but it also didn't have to happen at all.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas/dallas-texas-electrical-power-outage-ercot-failures/287-50797307-0afe-43eb-8175-b78e7e4fc13a

I am not from Texas but I do keep up with the news and read VAs tweets.