UnevenEdge

Fire Force Funko Pops Incoming!

CountFrylock

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, Top Gun said:

Does anyone think that Funkos look good? Like, anyone at all?

Funko Pops are hideous abominations and the epitome of pointless, soulless merchandise.  I wonder if they will crash like Beanie Babies and countless other crazes before them.

Here's a pretty good video by one of my favorite Youtubers.  LOL turns out they have a bunch of debt due in 2021!

Edited by ben0119

On 1/3/2021 at 8:56 PM, CountFrylock said:

for many franchises if funko pops didn't exist they wouldn't really have much merchandise at all

fire force is a great example there isn't really much for fans to buy

I find it hard to believe there isn't a lot of merch for it.  I'd be shocked if a separate figure hasn't been made for every one of Tamaki's lucky lecher lure moments...

Huh, weird, this is all I was able to find.

https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-ArtFX-J-Tamaki-Kotatsu-Figure/dp/B07WPC9ZGS

419dH7+UwLL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

And it is extremely expensive for some reason.

But even if I liked a show and it had a dearth of merch, I still wouldn't touch one of those Funko Pops with a ten foot pole.

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I find it hard to believe there isn't a lot of merch for it.  I'd be shocked if a separate figure hasn't been made for every one of Tamaki's lucky lecher lure moments...

Huh, weird, this is all I was able to find.

https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-ArtFX-J-Tamaki-Kotatsu-Figure/dp/B07WPC9ZGS

419dH7+UwLL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

And it is extremely expensive for some reason.

But even if I liked a show and it had a dearth of merch, I still wouldn't touch one of those Funko Pops with a ten foot pole.

soul eater didn't really have much merchandise either....(there was none whatsoever for medusa but a few funko pop's were made and i think that's it)

fire force seems to have suffered the same fate in terms of merchandise

unlike my hero academia where you can find action figures t-shirts shoes(there were all might and deku themed shoes)and other kinds of merchandise

you just won't find that for fire force....the best you can find are these expensive detailed figurines or the shinra nendoroid

On 1/10/2021 at 7:26 AM, CountFrylock said:

soul eater didn't really have much merchandise either....(there was none whatsoever for medusa but a few funko pop's were made and i think that's it)

fire force seems to have suffered the same fate in terms of merchandise

unlike my hero academia where you can find action figures t-shirts shoes(there were all might and deku themed shoes)and other kinds of merchandise

you just won't find that for fire force....the best you can find are these expensive detailed figurines or the shinra nendoroid

Very odd.  Any idea why that would be the case?  Both series are popular.  

On 1/17/2021 at 3:02 AM, ben0119 said:

Very odd.  Any idea why that would be the case?  Both series are popular.  

considering black clover also has little to no merchandise i can't really figure out why that's the case

if i had to take a guess for soul eater/fire force I'd have to say maybe it was just due to both of them not really having enough character to make merchandise off of

think about it

soul eater's main protagonist was maka with blackstar and death the kid sharing the spotlight

even with the weapons added in and the villains you don't really have much for a large merchandise push

unless you start adding in every character even the weird side characters that never really did much and i doubt anyone wants an oxford toy

as for fire force after company 8's characters...there's not really many more you can make merchandise for

we don't really see much from the other fire force companies we know about the captains but we haven't really seen much from the fire soldiers working within those companies

unlike my hero academia where you always have heroes on patrol and there's always the possibility of a familiar face returning

fire force doesn't work like that because it's from the perspective of shinra and company 8

they don't really interact or do much with the other companies so as a result we don't see the characters who work for those fire force companies

princess hibana for example despite being madly in love with shinra doesn't really do much after her battle with shinra concludes

we still see her but usually in a very brief scene that doesn't really amount to much and is just her thinking about shinra or hoping company 8 succeeds

• 3 weeks later...