UnevenEdge

Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL Post-Thanksgiving Marathon Discussion!!!

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So Spear can speak after all.  Her name is Mira.

Cliffhanger??

Surely the ape-men did not build that sailboat?  Has to someone else, right?  But then what was with that ape-men attack?

Perhaps it was that group of ape-men's territory since there were those ominous skull markers our group went by after they'd crossed the water, but the timing of their attack definitely worked out quite well for Mira's captors.

They didn't, the boat had the scorpion on its sail and they showed another arrow in at least one of that pile of dead ape-men. So it must have been the slavers killing them to get her back.

16 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Perhaps it was that group of ape-men's territory since there were those ominous skull markers our group went by after they'd crossed the water, but the timing of their attack definitely worked out quite well for Mira's captors.

They didn't, the boat had the scorpion on its sail and they showed another arrow in at least one of that pile of dead ape-men. So it must have been the slavers killing them to get her back.

Oh I thought maybe Mira had killed all those ape-men and that was to show how badass she was.  So it was the slavers that did it?

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Oh I thought maybe Mira had killed all those ape-men and that was to show how badass she was.  So it was the slavers that did it?

Not sure!
Maybe a bit of both?

Since she was captured before Spear and Fang woke up I hadn't thought about that she could have broken free during the fighting and maybe done some damage before she got caught, but either way I don't think she had had her bow anymore so she couldn't have shot the arrow that killed at least that dead ape-man that Spear inspected, since Spear actually used it to shoot those three ape-men that were lined up at the start of the fight.

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Not sure!
Maybe a bit of both?

Since she was captured before Spear and Fang woke up I hadn't thought about that she could have broken free during the fighting and maybe done some damage before she got caught, but either way I don't think she had had her bow anymore so she couldn't have shot the arrow that killed at least that dead ape-man that Spear inspected, since Spear actually used it to shoot those three ape-men that were lined up at the start of the fight.

I didn't catch the part with Spear using the bow.  Of course, getting more tired as the night wore on lol.  That means he isn't as primitive compared to Mira as we thought and may have made and/or used a bow before (or he's a quick learner with weapons.)

So Mira was captured by the ape-men who got attacked by the slavers, so the slavers could take Mira from them?  That is what happened?

26 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I didn't catch the part with Spear using the bow.  Of course, getting more tired as the night wore on lol.  That means he isn't as primitive compared to Mira as we thought and may have made and/or used a bow before (or he's a quick learner with weapons.)

So Mira was captured by the ape-men who got attacked by the slavers, so the slavers could take Mira from them?  That is what happened?

Yeah, he didn't really fire the bow normally with aim but kinda hip-shot it. You'll see it next time if you skip through the ep to re-watch the ending.

Not sure since they didn't show it actually play out but that was my initial impression of what probably happened.

But you reminded me that I'm still wondering about the convenient timing of the slavers (even if it's likely they'd have been looking for her this whole time) finding the ape-men that were carrying her, along with how those ape-men clearly specifically captured her in particular, but either way it looked to me like in the end all the rest of the ape-men there got slaughtered when they retrieved her. Either by them or maybe Mira did start fighting back and then the slavers showed up and killed the rest of them to take her back.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1