UnevenEdge

Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL Post-Thanksgiving Marathon Discussion!!!

Now we have totally gone into the realm of the fantastical.  This tribe of crazed ape men have a magic potion that gives a growth spurt and super strength.

It's Incredible Hulk vs King Kong!

Holy crap that was some Mortal Kombat level carnage.  Dismembered the big ape.  Punched a face off and crushed a skull, punched others to pieces sending guts and bones flying of the smaller ones.

Fang NOOOOOOO!

• Like 1

I can't tell if they're meant to be African wild dogs or hyenas.  They have the ears of the wild dogs but look more like hyenas otherwise and sound like hyenas, but do not have their markings.  I did not know there were other species of hyenas besides the spotted ones usually seen in nature documentaries and from The Lion King.  They're all ugly bastards though!

V_mZ4AfOTebnBPv4Yaf1QJTVvHI3bxDZWNx88-G7

Hyaenidae_Diversity.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Yeah, Season 1 is 10 episodes long! This super-sized marathon is all of it!

I kept googling "Season 2" when I was looking for reviews of the new episodes and it was confusing the hell out of me. Looks like Season 1 was not released or completed in one go, and Season 2 has already been greenlit.

Just now, ben0119 said:

I can't tell if they're meant to be African wild dogs or hyenas.  They have the ears of the wild dogs but look more like hyenas otherwise and sound like hyenas, but do not have their markings.  I did not know there were other species of hyenas besides the spotted ones usually seen in nature documentaries and from The Lion King.  They're all ugly bastards though!

V_mZ4AfOTebnBPv4Yaf1QJTVvHI3bxDZWNx88-G7

Hyaenidae_Diversity.jpg

If you look up the wiki im pretty sure it says they're Hyenas

11 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I kept googling "Season 2" when I was looking for reviews of the new episodes and it was confusing the hell out of me. Looks like Season 1 was not released or completed in one go, and Season 2 has already been greenlit.

Yeah I was surprised when it returned and it was still considered Season 1. So was ep 10 actually the last of season 1?

• Like 1

Zombie dino is stuck and escape seems easy.  But those lava geysers are active!  And now the zombie dinosaur is free!

Ah!  Finally!  Lava killed it!

Interesting that this zombie seemed more bent on causing as much death and destruction as possible and didn't seem to be "feeding."  The body rapidly deteriorated too.

Man that was just crazy!  Where does Genndy come up with this stuff?!

• Like 1

Man the way those witches look and sound is so fucked.

Burning and torturing that guy.  But apparently just to absorb his life force to... make a random baby?  I thought it was going to restore the head witches youth.

Ah hell, being chased, and Fang got possessed!

35 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I'm almost positive it is. Based on the ending it makes a lot of sense

Okay, thanks.

Yeah, the ending is the thing made me think that was likely the season finale even though I couldn't find anything specifying the episode count.

Edited by DangerMouse