UnevenEdge

anime podcasts

Satou Kazuma

i haven't done a deep dive on them yet but i never thought to listen to an anime podcast until a whim this past month. but i did listened to one recently that's produced and sponsored by Crunchyroll, "Anime in America", a brief history lesson on some aspects anime popularity and origin and some other stuff. it's a pretty good podcast hosted by comedian Yedoye Travis.

I'm more of a streaming/blog kinda person in that regard. Podcasts are neat, and I've listened to multiple irregularly - CSW's podcast, Toonami Faithful's podcast, the Ninja Tune 20th Anniversary episode of Solid Steel, and most recently the first episode of the [as] podcast - but it's just too easy to get distracted during them, especially when it's a topic you're especially interested in, and double especially if you're like me and are capable of entertaining yourself with your own thoughts on media.

45 minutes ago, Satou Kazuma said:

CSW still exist? chocolatesyrupwaffles or something, i forgotten about blog/website.

Chocolate Syrupy Waffles. And no, it's not. I quit reading them at the end of 2012/start of 2013, after they bashed half the shows I watched that year - their "worst of the season" level of dislike for K hurt the most - and through periodic check-ins, all I learned was that they moved from WordPress to Kokiodom, and then the updates just stopped after that. They archived all their old stuff across five sites, but you can only access them via the Internet Archive page for the Kokiodom site.

Chaps is the only one I know who's still around frequently, posting here and doing legit anime blog work on Random Curiosity. Cid and Martinman occasionally pop up here and there, and I last spotted FayeWorshipper69 PTSD'ing over my telling him that I was gonna watch Freezing because he told me not to. Not sure about the rest of them, especially J-Dubb. He'd probably hate that I'm still up to my hypothetical anime stuff, but thankful that I haven't been breaking promises not to bug people to read it like I did a decade ago.

12 hours ago, Satou Kazuma said:

CSW still exist? chocolatesyrupwaffles or something, i forgotten about blog/website.

I left around 2012 so I’m not sure how much longer it was up. I ended up joining Random Curiosity early 2017 after grad school finished and realized I didn’t have many hobbies that kept me busy. 

RC’s podcast efforts have been on-off ventures so there’s a handful sprinkled throughout the site. I have an episode I did with another writer on the site, but neither of us had the time to edit it. 

As far as anime podcasts go though, there aren’t many public anime personalities I’ve become attached to enough to follow their podcasts. Voice actors usually do streams instead, and ones based on websites usually also have a few one-off episodes aside from the old ANNCast. 

Im looking through Spotify’s search list and I’m unsure if any of these ones resonate: 

4BFD99EB-9DB9-4AD7-9CCC-8057371BE5D9.thumb.jpeg.8a6b6c9c8ca507e0236935d9fbb39f9f.jpeg

I usually listen to movie podcasts so none of these dudes have shown up on my radar. I know of CR and Reddit, but I really don’t know if I can say they’d have quality discourse. 

Shoutout to my fellow former bloggers/podcasters/listeners from CSW....YEEEAAAAAAH BOOOIII

Man I miss doing that stuff so much.  It was so fun to hang via Skype and talk and make next season or new season podcasts.  Blogging was fun too, aside from it taking forever to get all the screencaps.

I just started grad school, which got me back in college mindset, which made me reminisce about CSW and all the fun times we had.  And the bad times like when someone made extremely inappropriate comments about a voice actress, and Liam O'Brian got involved....

I think that's why I keep visiting here once and awhile, all those nostalgia feels from college and right after.

I love you all.

• Thanks 2