UnevenEdge

Production IG to announce new collaboration with Adult Swim at Virtual Comic Con

Jman

10 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

why does it seem like Jason Demarco is a terrible hype man?

Because the guy has focused a lot on what he doesn’t like, without convincing you why you should like what he does.

Most Toonami stuff is a case of Follow the Leader, with its hype established elsewhere.  The work is done.  DeMarco doesn’t need to convince you to watch MHA, the audience has decided it’s the new X-Men.  Black Clover has been hyped by Crunchyroll throwing its whole ass into it.  Etc, etc.

This is why DeMarco having shit taste is a meme.

6 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Because he can see the work in progress/finished product. 

shouldn't that mean He'd be a Perfect Hype-Man/PR Champion?

not knowing what you are dealing with means you'd just be making stuff up to praise and compliment

having all the details available to you means you should know the best way to promote it and discuss it with the toonami crowd

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

Because the guy has focused a lot on what he doesn’t like, without convincing you why you should like what he does.

Most Toonami stuff is a case of Follow the Leader, with its hype established elsewhere.  The work is done.  DeMarco doesn’t need to convince you to watch MHA, the audience has decided it’s the new X-Men.  Black Clover has been hyped by Crunchyroll throwing its whole ass into it.  Etc, etc.

Except when he says not enough people are watching MHA and moves it to the back?

1 minute ago, Jman said:

Man If The Adult Swim Con Arrives and toonami's announcements are terrible 

I can only imagine demarco's twitter will be spammed with angry replies roasting him

1 minute ago, Daos said:

Except when he says not enough people are watching MHA and moves it to the back?

While he does the Two Heroes film earns millions at limited release.  

That falls on Toonami no longer being a primary source for material.

18 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

why does it seem like Jason Demarco is a terrible hype man?

I do think Toonami needs another person to spearhead their original content, because DeMarco, even though he's great at manning the Toonami block and getting anime shows from elsewhere, he's subpar at heading anything that requires his creative input, like IGPX, or FLCL.

Just now, elfie said:

I do think Toonami needs another person to spearhead their original content, because DeMarco, even though he's great at manning the Toonami block and getting anime shows from elsewhere, he's subpar at heading anything that requires his creative input, like IGPX, or FLCL.

not only that but he's prone to flipping his shit on social media as soon as anyone criticizes him or the block

and let's not forget his recent meltdown when he complained that A virtual convention blurred out his shirt for having a swear featured on it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jman said:

which explains why dub studios aren't giving toonami some sort of discount in these difficult times

they realize toonami needs them way more than they need toonami

31 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

shouldn't that mean He'd be a Perfect Hype-Man/PR Champion?

not knowing what you are dealing with means you'd just be making stuff up to praise and compliment

having all the details available to you means you should know the best way to promote it and discuss it with the toonami crowd

If I see something is shit, it's harder to sell it because I'm not enthused about it. Some people have the talent of a used car salesman, many do not. There is no good way to promote it is the issue. The more people know about it the worse the pre-launch reaction will be. It's just going to get dumped onto the block probably between MHA and Black clover. Also it hampers expectations. If people don't think much of something, then the disappointment will be less. 

32 minutes ago, Jman said:

Pretty much this. Funimation released the episodes before they air on AS/T. Most people already have their dub fix and aren't tuning in. The only way I could really think of Toonami to try and bring in the young demographic is to try and launch some sort of twitch or youtube thing and have v-tuber characters playing shit games and talking to fans.

Also have garbage give aways for participating. I mean fuck what does it cost for them to get a sweatshop shirt that says toonami and send out to people who interact. No AS/T just wants to focus on twitter, it's why they abandoned ASMB. Twitter even is becoming a dying platform because of the drama that is on it, while Twitch and Youtube are being viewed as the better social medias. Probably more due to being able to turn off comments. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

which explains why dub studios aren't giving toonami some sort of discount in these difficult times

they realize toonami needs them way more than they need toonami

Dub studios aren't a charity, do you think the Japanese studios threw them a bone? Everyone's got bills to pay. 

9 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Dub studios aren't a charity, do you think the Japanese studios threw them a bone? Everyone's got bills to pay. 

I Never said they were a charity but with the pandemic the way it is and toonami's budget in a terrible position

reruns are all they can really muster in the long run

Edited by CountFrylock

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

not only that but he's prone to flipping his shit on social media as soon as anyone criticizes him or the block

and let's not forget his recent meltdown when he complained that A virtual convention blurred out his shirt for having a swear featured on it

I wouldn't call one tweet showing minor disgruntled behavior a "meltdown".

45 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Pretty much this. Funimation released the episodes before they air on AS/T. Most people already have their dub fix and aren't tuning in. The only way I could really think of Toonami to try and bring in the young demographic is to try and launch some sort of twitch or youtube thing and have v-tuber characters playing shit games and talking to fans.

Also have garbage give aways for participating. I mean fuck what does it cost for them to get a sweatshop shirt that says toonami and send out to people who interact. No AS/T just wants to focus on twitter, it's why they abandoned ASMB. Twitter even is becoming a dying platform because of the drama that is on it, while Twitch and Youtube are being viewed as the better social medias. Probably more due to being able to turn off comments. 

Why the hell is social media the only place around to know about scheduling updates?? I never see Toonami commercials anywhere else anymore.

32 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I Never said they were a charity but with the pandemic the way it is and toonami's budget in a terrible position

reruns are all they can really muster in the long run

If anything they should charge more money. The price of things have all gone up. Toonami's budget problems are their issue. As well I don't think there will ever be a time where toonami says they aren't having budget problems. They're a late night block that is only competing against CNN midnight news. 

15 minutes ago, elfie said:

I wouldn't call one tweet showing minor disgruntled behavior a "meltdown".

I Wouldn't really call it minor annoyance when he seemed shocked and surprised that anyone would censor his shirt

because "Yeah No One ever uses swear words during a panel right?..."

a minor annoyance would be "Man That sucks but i respect they're decision none the less"