UnevenEdge

YouTube is recommending a movie called "Maquia" to me

Guest LytKing

Guest LytKing
3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Mari Okada

I looked her up.

The only thing she's been involved w/ that I am remotely familiar w/ is Kiznaiver.

And I honestly wasn't too impressed w/ that one.

9 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

>Mari Okada's directorial debut

I... don't know...

1*D60SGsMuwuHV9HGDcNmt1A.png

I assumed O Maidens in Your Savage Season was going to be my first main exposure to the sordid dungeon that is her mind palace, but her pen has touched so many other melodramas over the past decade.

Hanasaku Iroha, Anohana, Toradora, Fractale, Black Butler, and so many other anime that went off the rails.

I've generally been good with Mari Okada's works. Sure, they're melodramatic out the ass, but I've typically found myself liking her shows by the time they reached the end, especially Pet Girl of Sakurasou and Gundam IBO. I also enjoyed the snippet of her autobiography recounting her time working on DT Eightron and Angel Tales (while avoiding explicitly mentioning either by name).

It's just that there's such a negative stigma around her works by fans not used to melodramas and trainwrecks that it's kind of hard to vouch for her successfully.

• 2 weeks later...