UnevenEdge

Covid-19 and the video game industry

CountFrylock

19 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

Active development has probably slowed down, but so much of it is digital there's really nothing left to slow down.

It's probably one of the more profitable industries right now if I were to guess.

except I've heard that nintendo doesn't really trust it's employees enough to send them home with content for future games  so working from home isn't really feasible for them honestly

indie games probably won't be affected too much but anything bigger will be in trouble

work from home? i think most their work could probably get done from home. at least the game making side, not sure about everything else. most the big game companies could probably get some bailout. as for games that are getting released at these times? all major platforms got access to digital so maybe some decline in sales? tho the industry is known for having layoffs be part of the norm. there would probably be delays in ongoing projects thats for sure. but i imagine sales being high. there was a recent steam article saying they had like a 20% increase a few days ago. 

• 4 weeks later...