UnevenEdge

February 8 schedule: 1/2 hour retraction, Demon Slayer moves to 12:30.

Blatch

9A3D4FBC-A34B-4989-A36D-2C2D0F227D75.jpeg

Now I am getting concerned. It’s still 7 premieres for now but when MHA’s season ends I would not be surprised if they lose 11:30 as well. Shades of 2015 but it’s a less dramatic retraction this time.

This is a strong sign that Toonami’s acquisition budget has taken a hit and they’re at the point where reruns aren’t doing well enough to justify having any, so they have trimmed the fat entirely. It’s simply more economical to rerun comedy after Toonami. I expect extra FOX reruns to show up after Toonami. So much for trying to be less reliant on those.

If you’re legitimately concerned with Toonami’s well being the best thing any of us can do is watch it live, watch it on demand, live tweet it and tell others it exists. Toonami is far from cancelled but they clearly have reached the point where the ratings are becoming a concern again.

Edited by Sketch
  • Confused 1

On 2/6/2020 at 2:43 PM, Sketch said:

9A3D4FBC-A34B-4989-A36D-2C2D0F227D75.jpeg

Now I am getting concerned. It’s still 7 premieres for now but when MHA’s season ends I would not be surprised if they lose 11:30 as well. Shades of 2015 but it’s a less dramatic retraction this time.

This is a strong sign that Toonami’s acquisition budget has taken a hit and they’re at the point where reruns aren’t doing well enough to justify having any, so they have trimmed the fat entirely. It’s simply more economical to rerun comedy after Toonami. I expect extra FOX reruns to show up after Toonami. So much for trying to be less reliant on those.

If you’re legitimately concerned with Toonami’s well being the best thing any of us can do is watch it live, watch it on demand, live tweet it and tell others it exists. Toonami is far from cancelled but they clearly have reached the point where the ratings are becoming a concern again.

seems like streaming's probably hit toonami quite hard and some speculate that warnermedia is the culprit here with them bringing the hammer down on the block

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

seems like streaming's probably hit toonami quite hard and some speculate that warnermedia is the culprit here with them bringing the hammer down on the block

That’s my usual baseless conspiracy theory.

Although Warner putting Crunchyroll as a major part of HBO MAX is...eye opening.