UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 280 Discussion

StarPanda

Man, how do they manage to waste time with talking, recap, and padding in a filler episode!

And it is still crazy that this is filler.  I never would have guessed if I didn't look.  So the episode with the fake Neji was canon, but these past two are filler?  Very weird.

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Medic_Ninja_in_Danger

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

Wrong guess LOL.

But I guess this means Deidara is gonna have to be recaptured, if this is filler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Are we in filler hell? I honestly can't tell.

This episode does seem consistent with the rest of the 4th ninja arc so far...

It is cleverly interwoven for sure.  I would not have known this episode and the last one were filler if I hadn't looked it up.  The episode with the fake Neji is canon, so the White Zetus impersonating people is canon, but not these past two episodes.  Honestly I could see the whole White Zetsu infiltrator thing being filler altogether, since it seems like kind of a subplot side thing, but its canon and then they used it to milk some filler out of it.  Well played indeed lmao.

But now it makes me wonder if Neji was the only White Zetsu fake or if this is more widespread in the canon story.  It seems kind of dumb for the bad guys to just do that once to try to kill Sakura of all people and some random medical ninjas.  Though I guess taking out the medics would be a serious blow to the army.

• Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Is Deidara her literal big brother or what?

Also, out of context "BIG BROTHER'S GONNA EXPLODE!"

Looks like it could be either since Japanese uses it both ways, which doesn't really help.

Seems like people theorize that she says it either because they are both from the same village or maybe extended relatives.

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Looks like it could be either since Japanese uses it both ways, which doesn't really help.

Seems like people theorize that she says it either because they are both from the same village or maybe extended relatives.

Weird.  So it's never explicitly said in the story?  I mean this ep is filler so if this is the only time she said it or they ever interacted it doesn't matter.

Edited by ben0119

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Weird.  So it's never explicitly said in the story?  I mean this ep is filler so if this is the only time she said it or they ever interacted it doesn't matter.

Hmmm. Apparently she actually says it (Deidara-nii) once in the manga too according to the wiki, Naruto chapter 461, page 14. So it's not just a filler choice.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmmm. Apparently she actually says it (Deidara-nii) once in the manga too according to the wiki, Naruto chapter 461, page 14. So it's not just a filler choice.

Interesting.  So it's not just a filler thing.  But it doesn't get elaborated on further?

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Interesting.  So it's not just a filler thing.  But it doesn't get elaborated on further?

No idea since I haven't seen past here either, but nothing else seems to be mentioned on the Fandom so it doesn't seem like it comes up again. Though it's such a minor thing I also guess it's possible no one's added it so far.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Sasuke.  Doesn't this fuck up the canon story?

Oh nevermind.  It's Kurotsuchi lol.

Wow, using real electricity.  More "SCIENCE" tonight.  I still think this and Food Wars made more sense than Fire Force!

That was well done Kurotsuchi! :D

Yeah, that battery was more SCIENCE tonight!

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1