UnevenEdge

Dragon Quest: Dai no Bouken remake Fall 2020

3ngag3

This already looks better to me than that DQ5 movie. Although I've never seen/read the original version of this so if it completely changes the look it wouldn't ruin anything for me. (although from what I hear they also butchered the story of DQ5)

The Neptunia games usually have a shitload of references to Dragonquest in them. At 4:36 it's an almost exact replica of the Dragonquest 2 scene where the princess of Moonbrooke gets the spell that was on her broken. I mean, that's some pretty insane attention to detail.

15:27 to compare

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

5 apparently.

I don't need another remake of 5, though! (yeah I do, actually)

I'm still waiting on a remastered version of 1, 2, and 3, because I have the rest on DS/3DS.  At this point they'd have to port to the Switch and I'd still have to upgrade, but that's how I'll nab 11 as well.

7 hours ago, GuyBeardmane said:

So wait, which number is this one?  I don't know Dai.

Dai's story does not fall within the timelines of any of the main series games.

Although, judging from the first few panels of the manga, one would assume that it was a spinoff of 3.

On 12/22/2019 at 7:43 AM, GuyBeardmane said:

I don't need another remake of 5, though! (yeah I do, actually)

I'm still waiting on a remastered version of 1, 2, and 3, because I have the rest on DS/3DS.  At this point they'd have to port to the Switch and I'd still have to upgrade, but that's how I'll nab 11 as well.

They are on Switch, but they are ports of the mobile versions and they look worse than the GBC/SFC versions to me.

DQ2_NE_01.0.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've been binging a few episodes a day of this. They're just now getting to the new material the old series ended off at. At first I thought that, based on the manga, it was kinda reminiscent of DBZ, but seeing it in animated form, it feels more like its predecessor in classic Dragonball.

Also, I'm not sure this is series is going to get dubbed since SAG-AFTRA issued a do not work order after a dispute with Ocean who had plans to dub it.

Edited by 3ngag3