UnevenEdge

Ghost in the Shell Movie Trailer

Mix

Visually the movie looks awesome.  Storywise; it's hard to say from the trailer.  It seems like just another generic movie based on that.

The shelling sequence, however, was awesome.  I kind of got 2001 vibes from the end of the sequence.  If the rest of the movie ends up like that then it'll be awesome.  Needless to say, I'm gonna go see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it will be at least a good movie on it's own. It just might not be good to the people who know the source material.

We know it's already taking on aspects from every existing GITS story, so I'm not worried about that. I just hope this movie is well written, sticks to the themes GITS is supposed to convey, and the visuals to not totally suck.

We know it's already taking on aspects from every existing GITS story, so I'm not worried about that. I just hope this movie is well written, sticks to the themes GITS is supposed to convey, and the visuals to not totally suck.

From what I've heard, based on hints people have picked up in the trailers (and I kinda noticed myself in one of them), the story will be the Major getting revenge on the people that made her a cyborg, which is not at all thematically appropriate for her character.

From what I've heard, based on hints people have picked up in the trailers (and I kinda noticed myself in one of them), the story will be the Major getting revenge on the people that made her a cyborg, which is not at all thematically appropriate for her character.

This is the impression I got from the trailer as well.  I really don't want that to be the story, but I have the worst feeling it will be.