UnevenEdge

How long has AT&T been partnered with Direc Tv?

PhilosipherStoned

Satellite not cable I guess  but that's beside the point for me.  AT&T probably only has 1 tech servicing this area I think though and he contracts with direc tv on the side. I can't even get them to fucking install my data line though. What i've experienced with both of those companies so far has been completely retarded..

52 minutes ago, Seight said:

Man, that sucks that they can't get their shit together.

As for the original question, "The acquisition was officially approved by the FCC on July 24, 2015."

So a little over four years now, I guess.

I figured it wasn't a new merger or fusion. That's why I don't understand why it's so hard for them communicate with each other or even do their own part of the job right. In two months of going through them direc tv has auto drafted and extra $300 straight out of my bank account, and at&t apparently can't even mail out their equipment and promotion cards to the right address. Also a customer shouldn't  have to wait 2 and a half months to get an internet line installed anyway you look at it. I used to be a tech for their top competitor here and I would've had ass chewings from all angles and be out of a job if I was connected to this shit... 

I'm not even trying to rant. I'm just logically trying to figure out what their problem is. 😐

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
insomniac spelling issues.

I needed a new DTV box as the old one was dead.  Either I entered the wrong service request online form, or they bollocksed it at corporate, because they sent someone to fix my internet with a new modem/router. The tech was very apologetic and called support to bring out the right tech.  He was nice enough to rewire the outside the house connection for internet & put in a new connector inside while we waited for the DTV tech to arrive.  The internet tech & the DTV tech worked on the satellite box & were talking.  The gist I got was that when ATT took over DTV, they reduced DTV's staff including the Techs that knew DTV in & out ("hey, it's all wires, how hard could it be...?").  They brought back some of the DTV techs when they realized they were in over their heads, but apparently not nearly enough.

Nope it seems clear they don't have enough techs.. Plus DTV got their part of the deal done right away, but that  parts easy as hell. To install a new data line they need a tech with a truck and ladder for my house, and almost all the customers they're gonna be dealing with in my town. I know this since i was a cable tech.. The tech that set up my dtv had a ladder in the back of his truck, but it probably wasn't even big enough for the poles... I offered to sell him mine that day and said "let me know if you talk to anybody that needs one" and he said he might be back for the ladder that day.. Never came. I should've saved his number at any rate because I wouldn't be surprised if he's the only tech they have servicing this town, and that's why they are bs ing me about not being able to get my modem because either this guy isnt in the area at the moment or he quit.. who knows.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:18 AM, PhilosipherStoned said:

All I know is the former company and everyone that represents it seems to need to spend some time with big bubba..

Mic drop for now..  I need to disconnect both cable and data atm I guess. Since AT&T can't even get the physical part of being an isp down..

AT&T acquired Direct TV July 2015

• Like 1

Seight already posted the date. The question was pretty much rhetorical anyway. They must not have a warehouse close enough for techs to pick up equipment or something. Suddenlink at least has an office here with a cage and warehouse personnel that were supposed to keep it stocked. The fact that AT&T is sending modems through the mail is ratawded. 

Yes. I know they do stupid shit all the time. My dad worked for Ma Bell for decades. Also, they are in my backyard here in Dallas. (Their HQ is here, and I live 10 minutes from the building. It’s actually within eyeshot of my neighborhood)

They do a LOT of anti-consumer practices on purpose, and get away with it. 

• Like 2