UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 123 Discussion

Destructo Disc.  It's a great move since it ignores defense.  Too bad you can't kill in this tournament though.

Wah, he smashed them, then threw one back!

Hahaha clever strategy.  Slice up the cliff and knock him down!

Jump up the rubble and back into the ring.  Damn it.

• Like 3

Just now, elfie said:

Did we reach the part of the show where Crunchyroll's servers were down because too many people were watching the premiere of these episodes!?

that was the episode where Goku got Ultra Instinct

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daos said:

It was used by Cell, and in the Buu Saga and GT. But I think it slipped their mind in Super until now.

Yeah cuz 18 hardly fights

Frieza was dead

Krillin had become so weak that even hand gun bullets go thru his defenses,but he was always weak compared to 18,piccolo,the saiyans,etc

goku never thinks of using it until now,well that's the writers fault

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Destructo Disc.  It's a great move since it ignores defense.  Too bad you can't kill in this tournament though.

Wah, he smashed them, then threw one back!

Hahaha clever strategy.  Slice up the cliff and knock him down!

Jump up the rubble and back into the ring.  Damn it.

I feel like destructo disc only works when the writers want it too.I remember ssj2 gohan blocking perfect cells discs like they were nothing

Edited by Roymustang1990

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Even though I know Vegeta's likely gonna fail. Again. .... this moment is awesome!

Spoiler

he loses but survives this battle (if I recall Jiren flees because he is actually close to being defeated), fights and defeats Toppo, then gets eliminated by Jiren in a rematch

Edited by mochi

Just now, Roymustang1990 said:

I feel like destructo disc only works when the writers want it too.I remember ssj2 gohan blocking percent cells discs like they were nothing

Cell also tanked a Destructo Disk without blocking.

• Haha 1

Just now, elfie said:

BTW guys, this artist is raelly good and does anime covers on her youtube channel LieandLee!

it somehow feels cheap that Funi is using youtube fandubbers as the dub singers for the themes in this series

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daos said:

It was used by Cell, and in the Buu Saga and GT. But I think it slipped their mind in Super until now.

Frieza's move is different and his own.  It's red and he can control it with his telekinesis.  And Cell used Frieza's move, not the usual Destructo Disc.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Frieza's move is different and his own.  It's red and he can control it with his telekinesis.  And Cell used Frieza's move, not the usual Destructo Disc.

He says destructo disk when he uses it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roymustang1990 said:

And that makes for confusing lore

Not really confusing.  Was meant to put over how powerful Cell was that he could just tank it.  And same with the clip that Daos linked of Gohan catching and destroying the disks.  Or Jiren this episode straight up punching them and then caught one!  But Gohan used his aura.  Jiren used his bare hands!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mochi said:

it somehow feels cheap that Funi is using youtube fandubbers as the dub singers for the themes in this series

I don't see why they can't use the voice actors they already have who are also singers, but I think most of them moved to LA already.

FYI, Lee is also a voice actor, and is personal friends with Erica Lindbeck. Though she doesn't get as many roles as others.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 2:01 AM, ben0119 said:

Not really confusing.  Was meant to put over how powerful Cell was that he could just tank it.  And same with the clip that Daos linked of Gohan catching and destroying the disks.  Or Jiren this episode straight up punching them and then caught one!  But Gohan used his aura.  Jiren used his bare hands!

All those examples just seemed like rule bending to me besides gohan blocking  them with his aura(I didn't know you could block attacks with your aura 0-o)

So I did some research. I found out  that the cell tanking Krillin destruction disc was a filler only thing and still dont think dragonballsuper isn't  really canon so I guess it explains why those writers  of those scenes bended around  toriyamas golden rule for destruction disc "its suppose to cut through anything no matter the defense number".

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1