UnevenEdge

I'm having an MRI done later this month

Swimmod_Luna

For a neurological condition I have that I haven't followed up with any doctor about since like 2004 so I figured I probably should just get checked out.

Got a letter from the doctor's office with an estimate of how much I'll have to pay. $2433 with my insurance.

God bless America

8 minutes ago, Naraku4656 said:

i had to go to a dermatologist today to finally do something about the dandruff i've had for like ever. not looking forward to that bill

Apparently the hospital system I use says they provide financial assistance for people who make up to 400% the federal poverty level which I would be covered by though I doubt I'd get much if any financial assistance beyond a slight discount. They also do no interest financing and that bill would qualify me for a 24 month payment plan which is awesome because by the time I get this bill I'll finally be done paying off a payment plan from a surgery I had last year.

Just now, fuggstop said:

You sure you really have insurance? Damn

It's high deductible so I may as well not. Routine stuff like physicals and annual OBGYN appointments are covered (but I think that was an Obamacare thing that said stuff like that has to be covered) but anything more complex and my insurance basically pays nothing until I hit my deductible which I think is like $5000? I looked at the statement I was sent with the MRI estimate and it looks like my insurance "negotiated" a discount of like, $100. Yippie.

11 minutes ago, Athena 92 said:

Apparently the hospital system I use says they provide financial assistance for people who make up to 400% the federal poverty level which I would be covered by though I doubt I'd get much if any financial assistance beyond a slight discount. They also do no interest financing and that bill would qualify me for a 24 month payment plan which is awesome because by the time I get this bill I'll finally be done paying off a payment plan from a surgery I had last year.

i don't think the places i use do any sort of financing. at least, i've never had a bill where i've really needed to do that. 2400 yeah i'd need to do that

20 hours ago, Athena 92 said:

For a neurological condition I have that I haven't followed up with any doctor about since like 2004 so I figured I probably should just get checked out.

Got a letter from the doctor's office with an estimate of how much I'll have to pay. $2433 with my insurance.

God bless America

We have an MRI walk in clinic here. No insurance, you pay $450.

You could fly here and still come away cheaper. You could drive, get a hotel, get the MRI and it still wouldn't cost that much.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:57 PM, Athena 92 said:

God bless America

Is it an MRI with contrast materials?

3 hours ago, crackymckrackin said:

We have an MRI walk in clinic here. No insurance, you pay $450.

You could fly here and still come away cheaper. You could drive, get a hotel, get the MRI and it still wouldn't cost that much.

Interesting. Wonder if we have any walk-in clinics like that in my area.