UnevenEdge

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 2 Discussion

With the children and that cat, and what they're wearing, it comes off like some kind of Ghibli-esque adventure.  And why is the cat making cartoony noises?  And the way it's drawn?

Now this cargo guy acting all wacky.

Gundam usually doesn't do stuff like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

With the children and that cat, and what they're wearing, it comes off like some kind of Ghibli-esque adventure.  And why is the cat making cartoony noises?  And the way it's drawn?

Now this cargo guy acting all wacky.

Gundam usually doesn't do stuff like this.

It kinda IS Gundam meets Ghibli! This is not something I expected from a Star Wars Prequel Trilogy-esque series that chronicles the degeneration/origin of Char! It will be interesting to see how he goes to the "dark side" in the next 11 episodes!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

They look way too similar.  I've been getting mixed up constantly lol.

Well looks like that won't be a problem anymore.

I agree though that you're not wrong that they are kind of similar in appearance overall of course, but still I dunno why but I never really had that problem differentiating them, also probably since Crowley's always the one actively doing stuff in both of these eps, and their hair styles are very different lol.

44 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Well looks like that won't be a problem anymore.

I agree though that you're not wrong that they are kind of similar in appearance overall of course, but still I dunno why but I never really had that problem differentiating them, also probably since Crowley's always the one actively doing stuff in both of these eps, and their hair styles are very different lol.

Guess not lmao.

They both wear their hair up.  Both blondes.  Their faces aren't drawn that differently either.  I was going to say at least Crowley has green eyes instead of blue, but they're blue in the pictures you posted, so not sure how I saw that wrong.  They look even more alike than I thought, then!  It's one thing for anime characters to alike, but it's usually not 2 in the same series, much less appearing at the same time together in an arc!

6 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It's a really nice touch if so! I'm even gonna try to get my mom into the more cutesy elements, especially stuff with Lucifer the kitty!

Rumor has it this show is getting an upgrade to 1 AM next week!

That probably means SDCC will announce a director and/or cast for the LA film.

$5 on Tom Holland as Amuro.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 3:17 AM, mochi said:

girls in sao when they're being raped: *squeal like they're in a hentai*

girls in gundam when a rape is attempted: *DESTROYS the rapists nuts*

Right on the money, someone actually already made this apparently, lol

tumblr_o1i3pyfc7K1um1lkmo1_500.gif

• Haha 5