UnevenEdge

what is your favorite go-to snack?

midnight

10 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

BBQ Pringles, apples, cheese sticks, Ritz crackers, those Pepperidge Farm cherry turnovers, cookies, ice cream, and Spanish or honey roasted peanuts.

You just reminded me about boiled peanuts. Haven't had any since I left the South East. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GunStarHero said:

You just reminded me about boiled peanuts. Haven't had any since I left the South East. 

Boiled peanuts are awesome. We buy a few hundred pounds every summer and boil them. 

I prefer regular, but we do one batch in Old Bay, and it's pretty damn good.

I LOVE boiled peanuts, but for some reason, I’ve never been able to make them at home. The little old men on the side of the road always have the best ones, and I can’t ever replicate them. 

My go to sweet snack is Reese’s, and I like sour cream and cheddar ruffles for salty snacks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garbagepailcat said:

I LOVE boiled peanuts, but for some reason, I’ve never been able to make them at home. The little old men on the side of the road always have the best ones, and I can’t ever replicate them. 

My go to sweet snack is Reese’s, and I like sour cream and cheddar ruffles for salty snacks. 

For every five pounds of peanuts, add a box of salt. Then after they boil for an hour, check them and see if they need any more salt. 5 pounds shouldn't take around an hour and a half to boil, if that. If they are salt enough, go ahead and drain them. If they are almost salty enough, leave them in the salt water for about 15 minutes after they are done, to absorb more salt. 

I always wash the peanuts two times, and pick all stems off before boiling them. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GunStarHero said:

The texture and smell of boiled peanuts has bothered me since getting older, but seeing the signs for them while traveling back home from up north is very comforting.