UnevenEdge

Listen be real with me here... this is a serious question

Zenigundam

Do you think it's right that turn-based RPGs and Platformers got overtaken by BS FPS games with over the shoulder aim and whatnot? I don't find it funny. I was against Resident Evil 4 when it came out on the Cube and now, 15 years later, you have them remaking one of the best Playstation games ever in FPS fashion and Gen Z eats it up, even though the original was far superior. Capcom screwed up by canceling the remake for the Cube that would have kept the fixed angle camera but with better graphics.

I've been against this whole FPS movement from the outset, and I won't blame Doom, Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor, we can even turn to Halo, but tbh I never liked shooting games and RPGs have always been superior. It saddens me. They don't make em anymore like the old FF, BoF, Mana, Tales games. That doesn't rile you up? RPGs are actually the life source of video games, not Fortnite or whatever trash people play on Steam. 

Ya know what...

I'm done ranting. 💁‍♂️

1 hour ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

I thought all you did was play fortnite. Also, fixed point resident evil wasn't an RPG.

Fortnite's fun because of the cartoonish graphics and variety of online modes. It was made pretty much the only way an FPS can be cool for me.

Right, but my point is that survival horror games were never meant to become FPS games and Resident Evil 4 ruined that distinction. 

1 hour ago, midnight said:

Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever. Fight me bro. 

Resident Evil 4 pretty much killed the purpose of the series. I know it was getting repetitive for people and Capcom wanted to cash out on the FPS craze, but you can't change the gameplay like that because it becomes a totally different product. 

20 minutes ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

But re4 was a third-person shooter

That's what I'm saying. It changed the course of an entire series just for the sake of change and catering to the most popular VG genre at the time. They could have kept the original RE formula and added some new elements to keep it fresh, they didn't have to turn it into an over the shoulder shooting game. 

17 hours ago, Ric said:

It doesn't say anywhere in the OP that RE is an RPG.

Yet he complained about first-person shooters over taking rpgs (which they have not), and didn't mention a single rpg in the entire thread while talking about Resident Evil 4 or something. He's either an idiot that thinks the Resident Evil series is an RPG series or he's being intentionally obtuse to troll.

6 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

Lmao right? He's mad because he thinks RE4 was legit. Since when does a Resident Evil game have levels that tell you your shooting accuracy afterward?

Please talk about some rpgs that you think have been maimed by first-person shooters since that is what you started the thread about.

2 hours ago, Sandstone said:

, and didn't mention a single rpg in the entire thread 

Ummm.....

On 2019年3月15日 at 11:47 PM, Zenigundam said:

They don't make em anymore like the old FF, BoF, Mana, Tales games.

Edited by Ric

re2 remake was great. but it did suffer a bit with certain aspects going with the over the shoulder angle. namely the combat. in order to balance out how easy the game would be they had to make the zombies way too durable to damage. this aspect i believe hindered the overall experience a little bit but not enough to stop me from really liking it. re4 just pilled up the enemy count and got its creepiness from the entire village.

as far as rpgs go, i will admit i havent played as many as i used to but there are still some great ones that were made in the past 10 years. 

5 hours ago, Ric said:

Ummm.....

I'll be honest with you I didn't make it to the end of his first post because it was filled with his usual fake hipster trolling tripe that he usually does. My point is still half correct however, he didn't mention any rpgs for the entire thread besides this one mention. He focused on RE games which makes no sense because they are no RPGs. This would be like me make a thread about how Cupcakes are the best Hostess and then proceed to talk the rest of the thread about Twinkies.

• Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 9:24 PM, Sandstone said:

I'll be honest with you I didn't make it to the end of his first post because it was filled with his usual fake hipster trolling tripe that he usually does. My point is still half correct however, he didn't mention any rpgs for the entire thread besides this one mention. He focused on RE games which makes no sense because they are no RPGs. This would be like me make a thread about how Cupcakes are the best Hostess and then proceed to talk the rest of the thread about Twinkies.

You lost. It's all right to be wrong. 👮