UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan From The Beginning 2019-20 Discussion

6 minutes ago, saito34 said:

it was a pretty fast night all around..enjoyed it a lot

yeah it was a really good set of eps

Also I wasn't expecting all that Leorio which was really so much fun for a second wind to end on with that and Titan lol

Edited by DangerMouse

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

yeah it was a really good set of eps

Also I wasn't expecting all that Leorio which was really so much fun for a second wind to end on with that and Titan lol

That Leorio scene was awesome. Definitely injected some energy into the equation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It's been revealed gradually over the next 2 seasons...

So as of now it's been explained? Like how it is done and who figured it out?

Edited by saito34

Just now, saito34 said:

Was the ability to become a titan ever explained or connected to the broader storyline?

Hmmm

Yes and no. I'd say it's definitely been connected to the broader storyline now that we know exactly how Eren got it. Which ties directly into questions about wherever his dad came from.

But the how or why they can do it we seemingly still need to get to since we only just got confirmation people in the know can seemingly produce vials of the stuff somehow to make dumb regular Titans from people. I assume that info is something we'll be learning though now that we know for sure how Eren got the power with the full reveal of what happened to Eren with the injection turning him into a regular dumb Titan and then regain his humanity by eating his dad gaining the Shifter abilities as well as the Coordinate his dad secured by eating Frieda. Which we've been told seems to be what the other Titan Shifters have been after since they infiltrated.

• Thanks 1

Oh, that? No, not quite yet. But we have figured out the following:

• Injection combined with a cut seems to transform humans into Titans
  • Titans remain feral unless they eat a human who can also transform into a Titan, a.k.a. a Titan Shifter
  • At which point they transform into a Titan Shifter with the powers of the Titan Shifter they ate but can no longer eat other humans
  • Apparently, Eren was able to buck this trend because he transformed in the belly of a titan. Full digestion must be required to complete the transformation

And that's what we know so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmmm

Yes and no. I'd say it's definitely been connected to the broader storyline now that we know exactly how Eren got it. Which ties directly into questions about wherever his dad came from.

But the how or why they can do it we seemingly still need to get to since we only just got confirmation people in the know can seemingly produce vials of the stuff somehow to make dumb regular Titans from people. I assume that info is something we'll be learning though now that we know for sure how Eren got the power with the full reveal of what happened to Eren with the injection turning him into a regular dumb Titan and then regain his humanity by eating his dad gaining the Shifter abilities as well as the Coordinate his dad secured by eating Frieda. Which we've been told seems to be what the other Titan Shifters have been after since they infiltrated.

Dude this sounds real interesting. I need to get up to speed.

Thanks for the rundown brotha.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

• Titans remain feral unless they eat a human who can also transform into a Titan, a.k.a. a Titan Shifter
  • At which point they transform into a Titan Shifter with the powers of the Titan Shifter they ate but can no longer eat other humans
  • Apparently, Eren was able to buck this trend because he transformed in the belly of a titan. Full digestion must be required to complete the transformation

This is just a guess, but I believe the reason Eren was able to buck the trend was that that Titan who ate him actually failed get his spinal fluid since he fell straight down the throat after only his arm got bitten into, since he went inside to get Armin. And then Eren busted out before being digested.

Since Rod specifically told Historia she'd need to consume his spinal fluid to complete the process/"ritual".

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Damn dude thats awesome. Now im curious as hell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

This is just a guess, but I believe the reason Eren was able to buck the trend was that that Titan who ate him failed to get his spinal fluid since he fell straight down the throat after only his arm got bitten into. And then Eren busted out before being digested.

Since Rod specifically told Historia she'd need to consume his spinal fluid to complete the process/"ritual".

You have a point. And that's actually not a bad guess. The digestion would have eventually gotten to his spinal fluid, which would have caused the fusion, but it didn't happen yet.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Reiner and the other 2 still wearing their facade throughout all this

Most evident in Episode 3 (which for some reason my DVR missed). Some of the stuff him and Bertholdt were saying in that episode sounded nonsensical, but of course now it all makes sense!

Great night tonight! And of course AOT continued the tradition of cliffhangers! LATER!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Damn dude thats awesome. Now im curious as hell

You should definitely catch up or re-watch for a refresh some of it if you've got the time. I ended up doing that before Season 3 Part 1 came on Toonami.

Then again this is one of my current favorite shows so I didn't mind doing it lol.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

You should definitely catch up or re-watch for a refresh some of it if you've got the time. I ended up doing that before Season 3 Part 1 came on Toonami.

Then again this is one of my current favorite shows so I didn't mind doing it lol.

I definitely fell off a bit when it wasn't really developing the way I was expecting or as fast as I wanted it to and the 3rd season definitely threw me off with the shift away from the titans, but season 1 has kind of hooked me all over again. It really is a great all around show.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2