UnevenEdge

Hunter x Hunter: Episode 131 Discussion "Anger × And × Light"

I decided to watch this after hearing about the hype, bypassing my fuckin' huge backlog in the process.

It was pretty good. I was expecting Gon's transformation (which I spoiled myself on long ago) to be flashier and involve more screaming, but I like the way the show undercut it in favor of horror. And that ending... damn! I wasn't expecting the explosion. I hope both him and Killua are okay. :RoboSad:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

I decided to watch this after hearing about the hype, bypassing my fuckin' huge backlog in the process.

It was pretty good. I was expecting Gon's transformation (which I spoiled myself on long ago) to be flashier and involve more screaming, but I like the way the show undercut it in favor of horror. And that ending... damn! I wasn't expecting the explosion. I hope both him and Killua are okay. :RoboSad:

Erica Mendez tweeted that Gon's broken rambling right before his transformation was the hardest to get through due to the subtle changes in his voice. She had to watch the scene before the recording session at home, and study it, which is uncommon for anime dub actors.  So I was perplexed, knowing that this episode would follow it, because you would think THIS episode would be most taxing.  But nope, Gon is still talking calmly here, but with a lower register.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

I had no idea that this is pretty much the single most hyped and consequential episode in HxH history.  For anyone who is a fan of this series I highly recommend, if you haven't already, watching the Japanese language version of this episode. The voice acting gives it a much darker and more impactful tone.

• Like 1