UnevenEdge

Not Exactly Breaking News: FUNimation shows leaving VRV tomorrow...

OwlChemist81

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Excuse me while I groan at the thought of paying the 1 year fee.

I like doing that, if only because it's typically a cheaper price you pay at once and don't have to worry about for a while. The biggest reason why I haven't joined VRV (aside from me not being a binging content fiend) is because they don't have that option.

• Like 1

I joined VRV a year or so ago because I liked their player better. FUNimation's was NOT working worth a crap for me.

But it's after Midnight on November 9th and nothing has left--yet...

Anyway, I decided to see the bulk of the FUNI catalog leaving VRV off with the last couple of episodes of Samurai Champloo.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Ummm...wow!

Maybe it's temporary, but this is worse than I thought. It hasn't just been a gradual cutback--ALL Funimation shows have left VRV, INCLUDING in-progress simuldubs! So, if you were watching dubs of Goblin Slayer or SSSS.Gridman, you're just SOL without getting a FUNimation NOW subscription!

Man am I GLAD I binged the first 5 episodes of Gridman yesterday, and for some reason an insomniac viewing of the end of Samurai Champloo since it has left [as]. But MAN, I wish I had watched Goblin Slayer's dub at some point now. That show is so ridiculously popular, it's just BEGGING to be on Toonami soon, especially if the dub of MegaloBox gets delayed to next year...

Interestingly enough, the following Toonami alumni have just been added recently: Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans; Akame ga KILL; and Parasyte (the latter 2 as part of HiDive).

Edited by OwlChemist81

3 hours ago, Jman said:

Gridman and Goblin Slayer alone ensure I have to subscribe.

There’s fun stuff in VRV, but it’s gonna be a tough sell once the two free months are up.

Better off torrenting when FUNI is still incapable of putting out a player that works.

Edited by naraku360

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

But now VRV is getting HIDIVE and Boomerang's stuff so it's a pretty even trade for me. I know most of you weebs wouldn't care about Boomerang.

Boomerang is what this hispter burger joint puts on in the background presumably to scare off dudebros wanting to watch a basketball game.

42 minutes ago, elfie said:

So guys, should I drop my HiDIVE service in favor of a VRV service?

Depends if you’re interested in all the other crap VRV offers to make up the increased cost.  Crunchyroll, old kung fu movies, Nicktoons, Boomerang, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, horror movie archives, and a ton of other stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Depends if you’re interested in all the other crap VRV offers to make up the increased cost.  Crunchyroll, old kung fu movies, Nicktoons, Boomerang, Mystery Science Theatre 3000, horror movie archives, and a ton of other stuff.

Eh..... I'm SOMEWHAT interested in watching RWBY for the first time, but also I already watch Crunchyroll anime, Nick Splat has a lot of nostalgia for me, I am a fan of the Looney Tunes shorts, and I remember being into MONDO like 14 years ago.