UnevenEdge

Wish Toonami would stop lying to us about the TV content ratings

Zenigundam

Realistically:

DB Super, DBZ Kai, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, and One Piece= TV-Y7

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Gundam Unicorn= TV-PG

While, yes, the shonens ARE for kids...  but by U.S content standards the uncut versions of One Piece, Naruto, the Dragonballs and ESPECIALLY HunterxHunter are NOT TV-Y7. Most of them are TV-PG/TV-14 and I wouldn't be surprised if HunterxHunter hits some TV-MA's, as well.

That's just the diffrence in what Japan allows and what America allows for their children programming.  But none of them, by our standards, can be TV-Y7 as is, even if they are for kids technically.

Also, Unicorn can hover around PG and 14, but Jojo most defenently earns that TV-MA ratings, what with the constant be-headings and body carnage.

The fact that anyone gives a shit about what those little boxes full of letters say continues to bemuse me.

Don't make me put you on my shit list, Gunners.  >(

But seriously, last week's Shippuden getting a TV-14DLSV when it was a TV-14V at best is the only "lying about TV ratings" that I've seen so far this year.

Don't make me put you on my shit list, Gunners.  >(

No, seriously: unless you are the parent of young children, why do you even care what letters or numbers show up there?  It's all completely arbitrary based on whatever standards & practices intern happens to be given the shitty job that week.

No, seriously: unless you are the parent of young children, why do you even care what letters or numbers show up there?  It's all completely arbitrary based on whatever standards & practices intern happens to be given the shitty job that week.

You have a point there. But of course I also welcome TV-MA content to Toonami, and have since Deadman Wonderland!

I do believe every episode of the following Toonami shows got a TV-MA rating: Deadman Wonderland; Black Lagoon; Attack on Titan; Hellsing Ultimate; Kill la Kill; and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (so far)...

Oops, I am mistaken. Episodes 1 & 6 of JJBA were only TV-14. The 4 episodes of KLK and the 7 I have left of Hellsing are all TV-MA.

You want my serious answer? Fine.

I have Asperger's, and TV content ratings serve as my token "obsession", as one would call it.

Happy now?  :|

I do believe every episode of the following Toonami shows got a TV-MA rating: Deadman Wonderland; Black Lagoon; Attack on Titan; Hellsing Ultimate; Kill la Kill; and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (so far)...

Oops, I am mistaken. Episodes 1 & 6 of JJBA were only TV-14. The 4 episodes of KLK and the 7 I have left of Hellsing are all TV-MA.

Deadman Wonderland, Hellsing Ultimate, Kill la Kill, and Akame ga KILL! are the only four anime on Toonami (and [as], for that matter) to be rated TV-MA all the way through. All of Attack on Titan was TV-14, while episodes 2, 4, and 23 of Black Lagoon were TV-14 also.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Akame ga KILL! How about Parasyte? It seems to have flip-flopped between TV-14 and TV-MA!

They did. I distinctly remember AgK being real boring with its ratings - TV-MA straight for every episode - and stopped caring about what it was rated that for after the fourth episode or so. Parasyte was much better and more exciting in that regard. :)

Fair enough.  That's not something I particularly understand beyond a cursory academic sense, but hell, you do you.

Excellent. For as frustrated as I may get at your opinions sometimes, in the end you're a good man, TG. [shakes hand]