UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 82 Discussion

8 minutes ago, mochi said:

and by Proxy super as it's canon with Super

but sadly no it's considered Canon

basically what I'm saying is Toriyama now claims classic Z isn't canon and Super is what's Canon

This makes no sense.  I mean I'm pretty sure Goku's origin was referenced in Super? 

Or it means he thinks he can get away with such a ridiculous retcon.

And sure as hell does Super not supersede DB and Z in canon.  Created by the original author as manga (before he went crazy), then adapted to anime.  Super, made years after the fact, with I'm assuming minimal involvement of the original creator who lost his damn mind, as an original anime.  No, just... no.

Edited by ben0119

Just now, ben0119 said:

This makes no sense.  I mean I'm pretty sure Goku's origin was referenced in Super? 

And sure as hell does Super not supersede DB and Z in canon.  Created by the original author as manga (before he went crazy), then adapted to anime.  Super, made years after the fact, with I'm assuming minimal involvement of the original creator who lost his damn mind, as an original anime.  No, just... no.

Super was MOSTLY written by "toyotaro" a man who made a bunch of GT fancomics and learned how to mimmick Toriyama's style

Toriyama named Toyotaro as his successor meaning he's deferring control of his series and all of it's canon to Toyotaro

so really the question is do you accept DBZ the way Toriyama wrote it, or do you choose to consider a glorified fan work(super) as Canon just because Toriyama gave him the rights to it

2 hours ago, mochi said:

Super was MOSTLY written by "toyotaro" a man who made a bunch of GT fancomics and learned how to mimmick Toriyama's style

Toriyama named Toyotaro as his successor meaning he's deferring control of his series and all of it's canon to Toyotaro

so really the question is do you accept DBZ the way Toriyama wrote it, or do you choose to consider a glorified fan work(super) as Canon just because Toriyama gave him the rights to it

I thought that guy just did the Super manga, which isn't canon as far as I know.  I thought the anime came first, and the manga changed things.  Either way, probably no, I wouldn't accept Super as canon in that case, lol.

Edited by ben0119

13 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I thought it depended on the amount of power used?  Takes a lot to vaporize somebody.

Nah in Super even full power Kamehameha's to the face will only mildly bruise you.

They Fairytailed this thing, no blood allowed either.

10 hours ago, mochi said:

Long-running franchises are more likely to be taken over by former fans who got boosted to a successor. Just look at Star Wars with the new writers and directors... hell Disney has done it COUNTLESS times!

9 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I thought that guy just did the Super manga, which isn't canon as far as I know.  I thought the anime came first, and the manga changed things.  Either way, probably no, I wouldn't accept Super as canon in that case, lol.

Toriyama gave rough outlines to Toei about what each arc should consist of but didn't actually write anything beyond that and Toyotaro and a bunch of other writers filled in the blanks, Toyotaro's manga represents what the series would have been like had he not had to make concessions to the rest of Toei's writers

so Basically if it was up to Toyotaro Vegeta would have been even more useless and Goku would have been even more evil

to elaborate in the Manga all the wins Vegeta had in that U6 vs. U7 arc were declared invalid by Whis (he won the battle with Auta magetta by insulting Magetta at the start of the fight causing magetta to forfeit immediately, they didn't even battle in the manga) and in the manga, that scene where Goku says he wasn't there for his kid's births and doesn't understand why Vegeta wants to be was even worse, with him saying he DELIBERATELY avoided Chichi when she gave birth to both of their sons, and that he has no idea how old either of his sons are, Vegeta then tells him to his face he's a horrible father

Edited by mochi