UnevenEdge

Star Wars - Kathleen Kennedy Contract Extended

ben0119

Because they ruined pretty much all the characters and mechanics of Star Wars?

Yeah, you don't need to worry about me watching Star Wars anymore. I must have Star Wars Fatigue. 

Nah there were about 100 random videos of people making fun of Disney for giving a contract extension to the person responsible for this debacle, I just posted one at random.

28 minutes ago, Daos said:

Because they ruined pretty much all the characters and mechanics of Star Wars?

Yeah, you don't need to worry about me watching Star Wars anymore. I must have Star Wars Fatigue. 

Nah there were about 100 random videos of people making fun of Disney for giving a contract extension to the person responsible for this debacle, I just posted one at random.

How are they ruined again?

Then don't.  And stop talking about it.  DO SOMETHING ELSE.

Ok, good, lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daos said:

No, I considered what they said and found their arguments ridiculous. =P

If you think Luke's character in TLJ made sense and that hyperspace ramming wiping out entire fleets makes sense... .then we're clearly at an impasse.

So Luke should never make mistakes or get angry again ever?  When even Yoda and Obi-wan were mistaken in the original trilogy?

Actually I said that hyperspace ramming entire fleets DIDN'T make sense.  You're being a pedantic child about that.

7 hours ago, Daos said:

There's hundreds of anti TLJ videos and anti Rian/Kennedy videos. I just picked one at random basically.

So you didn't even watch a video that you linked to supposedly represent your argument.  Thor Skywalker isn't fully on board with the new Lucasfilm movies, but he's reasonable, mature, makes respectable arguments, and is not using Star Wars as a platform for toxic backwards political views while being completely bissfully unaware (supposedly) that he's not fighting teh ebul SJWs, but is in fact just coming off like an plain old-fashioned bigot.

Make mistakes? He was in his nephew's room thinking about murdering him in his sleep. You write this off as making a mistake?

His nephew had committed no crimes and done nothing wrong at this point.

Honestly, I just don't think you have the ability to logic and reason which is why this movie is perfect for you.

He saw that Kylo would destroy everything he had built and fought for and become a worse tyrant than Vader, and acted in a moment of anger and impulse.  It was a just a few seconds.  He did the same thing in Empire, acting on a vision of the future to protect his friends.  Also it was known Kylo was having Dark Side issues before this, hence sending him to train with Luke.  This was said in the films.

You're the one being illogical saying a society that has shown no cultural or moral inclination do to mass kamakaze attacks should do so just because they can, with resources of maybe a few dozen capital ships against the opponent's 25,000+.  Talk about diminishing returns.  Yeah, that sounds like you really logic and reasoned your way through that one.

Edited by ben0119

See there's the main problem. You think Luke having a vision means he'd go to his room and contemplate murdering his nephew in his sleep. Things that are illogical and not character consistent are completely logical and character consistent to you.

Uh, trust me if anyone comes to my room with a weapon drawn and is thinking about killing me, I'm just going to assume the worst and not write it off as "well you only thought about murdering me in my sleep for a few seconds, water under the bridge!" That might actually count as attempted murder IRL. It just flat out isn't believable for him to do this, or end up becoming a bitter old man who goes to isolated rock so he can die. That's why Mark Hamil spent months telling us "This isn't Luke Skywalker."

I think you missed the entire point of that vision in Empire. Luke didn't save his friends. He was told not to go, went anyway, didn't save his friends, and got his ass kicked. The moral of the story? Don't act impulsively on visions. Guess he forgot that one eh?

Again, you have to actually think. Build empty ships. Put hyperdrive on ship. Have droid point ship at much bigger ship. Activate hyperdrive. No more big ship.

Or... why use ships? Build missile. Put hyperdrive on missile. Program missile to engage hyperdrive when it acquires target. No more ship. Lemme guess, they're too honorable to use this tactic. Or no wait wait... there's a missile shortage.

Once you establish hyperspace ramming as the most powerful weapon in the universe you have to ask yourself.....why aren't they using this all the time? Or ya know, for the last 4000 years?

I'm glad you enjoy Jake Skywalker though.

i loved the last jedi. tlj and empire are my top two at this point. though rogue one was pretty great, too.

i didn't watch star wars until i was out of college and even then, it was due to a history channel documentary i saw that really intrigued me. the arguments the history, mythology, and film scholars scholars made about the star wars universe practically prophesied the events of tlj back in 2008, so i was nothing but satisfied by the movie.

• Like 2