UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 212 Discussion

Why does Sakura still like him based on nothing but a stupid crush, after he's done all this terrible shit, and told her to fuck off multiple times?  Guess she has a thing for bad boys.

Sakura has to be one of the worst characters ever!

• Like 1

Silly me thinking they'd actually bring Sasuke back, but the show decided to go a different direction.  Ugh.

Fallen behind... when she was supposed to have done all that training in medical ninjutsu... Sakura should be able to fight like Tsunade or Kabuto, and had the super strength!

"Far beyond the person we once thought he was."  But Sasuke was never that person.  And he's just gotten progressively worse.

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

So how long does Sakura last before she breaks down crying in her attempt to kill Sasuke?

Not much longer. She was gonna put HIM down, but then she came across a Sasuke tempted to put Karin down. This is certainly an interesting development, and even took my attention off My Hero Academia for a minute! It's almost unfair that the 2 feeds run both shows simultaneously!

• Haha 1

Danzo.  What a waste of a character.

That's how he takes the eye hahaha.

You mean Sasuke can't take down the whole village himself?

Lol Madara is like well fuck you too then.

Karin is still alive?!

What village symbol is that?

He saved her during the Chunin Exam.  Retcon much? xD

Maybe he was going to cauderize the wound or something? :|

Is that another bad lie by Sakura?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

sasuke dammit

Danzo is dead and Sarutobi did before you left the leaf. there's no one left for you to take revenge on. just stop.

Yup

Also, yeah, Danzo was a complete waste.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Danzo was an interesting character. But yeah, kinda useless...

...then again, so was Kisame...

He was built up like he was going to do all this stuff.  He got to be Hokage, briefly, but it amounted to nothing.  Then he fights Sasuke and dies.  Really have no idea what Kishimoto was thinking with Danzo.

• Like 1

The silly thing was using those Sharingan eyes like extra lives instead of just countering or dodging Sasuke's attacks by conventional means.  It came off like... he can't.  Either that or he's lazy.  An ability like that should be a last resort, not used as your go-to staple ability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

The silly thing was using those Sharingan eyes like extra lives instead of just countering or dodging Sasuke's attacks by conventional means.  It came off like... he can't.  Either that or he's lazy.  An ability like that should be a last resort, not used as your go-to staple ability.

Yeah, at least the way it was animated and shown it came off like he couldn't do anything. Like if he didn't have that ability to not die during those time limits he would have been one-shoted. The way they portrayed it made it seem like the only reason the fight even lasted more than a few seconds was that Danzo could die a bunch of times during each of his time limits.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

i never got that impression reading the manga, but that may be because time and movement are perceived differently in a static medium.

but standard movements are already prety well known to be ess than effective against full sharingan. maybe he knew he couldnt just dodge

i mean, if he'd kept his most powerful move in reserve people would complain that he's milking the fight or something, but since he went all out from the start, people are calling him a one-trick pony.

i hated danzo as a person, but i liked him as a character/story element. a different perspective about evil and a new type of antagonist. it made u for weaknesses in the story at this point, i felt

I'd like to believe Sakura is just cozying up to Sasuke so she can slap some sense into him. But it's a lot easier to believe Sakura really is that desperate.

Really would've liked to see Sasuke kill Karin while staring at Sakura, just to make a point.

But what really bugged me most about this episode was in Sai's attempt to stop everybody from the suicide mission, they all forgot about Sakura who fully intended to go alone anyway. Bit of a failure on everyone's part there.

• Like 1

• StarPanda unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 9:44 AM, CorbeauKarasu said:

i never got that impression reading the manga, but that may be because time and movement are perceived differently in a static medium.

but standard movements are already prety well known to be ess than effective against full sharingan. maybe he knew he couldnt just dodge

i mean, if he'd kept his most powerful move in reserve people would complain that he's milking the fight or something, but since he went all out from the start, people are calling him a one-trick pony.

i hated danzo as a person, but i liked him as a character/story element. a different perspective about evil and a new type of antagonist. it made u for weaknesses in the story at this point, i felt

Yeah but we've seen people fight Sharingan users without resorting to such extreme lengths.

A different kind of evil, sure.  Like we said, Danzo was interesting and had potential.  It seemed like all this stuff was being set up.  But he doesn't accomplish anything.  He's Hokage for a cup of coffee, then dies to Sasuke of all people.  A total waste.