UnevenEdge

Last Airbender’s script doctor gets his own Netflix show -The Dragon Prince

Jman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Jman said:

Wow, this show looks like the shits.  Visually anyway.

Released the same day as the new season of Bojack Horseman too.  One and done.

I mean at least it isn't promising ground breaking LGBT representation then killing all of the characters that counted as that in the first 3 seconds they're on screen like some of the other series by the ATLA team

Edited by mochi

it really is quite ugly (just started watching it)

I'm not gonna hate on it for that too too much though, since it is a netflix original and Netflix originals give their creators total creative control over their work...but at the cost of being VERY cheaply animated

19 minutes ago, mochi said:

I mean at least it isn't promising ground breaking LGBT representation then killing all of the characters that counted as that in the first 3 seconds they're on screen like some of the other series by the ATLA team

Western Animation needs to learn that getting woke means going broke.  Seriously, don’t promise representation because it ends badly (Just you know, have it).  Don’t adapt shows and make everyone hideous. Just don’t.

Edited by Jman

Just now, Jman said:

Western Animation needs to learn that getting woke means going broke.  Seriously, don’t promise representation because it ends badly (Just you know, have it).  Don’t adapt shows and make everyone hideous. Just don’t.

I agree, show not tell is the best way to show support for LGBT people

don't tell and tell and tell then show for half a second then erase any chance of ever showing it again (''-_-'')

and if that's all you're doing to do....why the hell did you even bother?

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I agree, show not tell is the best way to show support for LGBT people

don't tell and tell and tell then show for half a second then erase any chance of ever showing it again (''-_-'')

and if that's all you're doing to do....why the hell did you even bother?

But how will people give the studio pats on the back of they don’t shout how great they are?

Just have it, it’s easier for everyone.

Edited by Jman

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 9:39 PM, Jman said:

But how will people give the studio pats on the back of they don’t shout how great they are?

Just have it, it’s easier for everyone.

turns out the Dragon Prince actually ended up very coyly hinting at a same sex romance after all

HOWEVER

we're only gonna see it in action if the show gets additional seasons

at the end of season 1, one of the characters is magically trapped inside of an object (think like a genie) by one of the villains and everyone is misled into believing he's been killed, it's then shown that there's another MAN mourning him

with the same man appearing in the credits being shown making a matching pair of necklaces one of which is his

so fans are thinking the other man might be his husband

12 hours ago, Jman said:

Apparently they’re screaming up and down a season 2 might not happen.

Oh well.  Now all I need is She-Ra cancelled and this miserable fad of virtue watching can stop.

other than not making She Ra (who is a little girl btw) have thick makeup and gigantic tits what else is there about the She Ra reboot that makes it any different than the original

which was ALSO meant as a grrrl power show for little girls btw

4 minutes ago, mochi said:

other than not making She Ra (who is a little girl btw) have thick makeup and gigantic tits what else is there about the She Ra reboot that makes it any different than the original

which was ALSO meant as a grrrl power show for little girls btw

I don’t care about the show I just want the virtue signaling fans to suffer.

1 minute ago, Jman said:

I don’t care about the show I just want the virtue signaling fans to suffer.

then you have a lot more problems than I thought

just because I don't like something doesn't mean I want it's fanbase to "suffer"

I hate One Punch man with a Burning Passion but I'm not telling other people not to watch it

Edited by mochi

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

then you have a lot more problems than I thought

just because I don't like something doesn't mean I want it's fanbase to "suffer"

I hate One Punch man with a Burning Passion but I'm not telling other people not to watch it

Not the same.  These are the same people who threatened people over ships, made the news in the Voltron blackmail incident.  I would be remiss otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jman said:

Not the same.  These are the same people who threatened people over ships, made the news in the Voltron blackmail incident.  I would be remiss otherwise.

I've never really considered people who'd act that way fans, I'm also sure they're just looking for reasons to get mad

because frankly I saw the writing on the wall that Voltron was gonna kill it's gay character "tragically" 1 scene after introducing him and even said that was gonna happen when my Dash started blowing up with "YAY FINALLY A GAY MALE CHARACTER"

yet they were all foaming at the mouth acting like the show murdered their whole family

while I was just doing this

FewTameKid-size_restricted.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 8:56 PM, mochi said:

I've never really considered people who'd act that way fans, I'm also sure they're just looking for reasons to get mad

because frankly I saw the writing on the wall that Voltron was gonna kill it's gay character "tragically" 1 scene after introducing him and even said that was gonna happen when my Dash started blowing up with "YAY FINALLY A GAY MALE CHARACTER"

yet they were all foaming at the mouth acting like the show murdered their whole family

while I was just doing this

FewTameKid-size_restricted.gif

1. the Dragon Prince is just mediocre to me 

2. Like .... I haven't seen the last 2 episodes of Voltron but ... the gay character situation is super mild .... like they have a cliche argument but nothing that cements... hey we're a couple .... together ... kissing and hugging. Unless they do that in the last 2 episodes. 

1 minute ago, Vamped said:

... its okay .... My parents watched it and they loved it 

but I was kinda like meh .... 

Korra was trash honestly. Though some of the concepts: Chi blockers, Metal bender society, and combo bending. Where amazing the show as a whole was not good. 

2 minutes ago, KH868 said:

Korra was trash honestly. Though some of the concepts: Chi blockers, Metal bender society, and combo bending. Where amazing the show as a whole was not good. 

I didn't think Korra was trash. It seemed like it was too rushed in some places. 

This Dragon Prince show .... feels like its trying really hard to be great.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, KH868 said:

well the forced love triangle then square then the whole OH HEY IM A LEZBO at the end really bugged me.  Not needed at all, and I like the action and it just really mishandled it. 

Voltron did the same thing.....but then Killed the suddenly gay character's love interest

so its like Korrasami if someone had walked up and murdered Asami right after she told Korra she loved her

• 2 months later...