UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Super Episode 61 Discussion

Just now, Gyaos said:

I'm just saying, I've only heard of MHA with some comparing it to other anime. It sounds like MC gets his powers after trying to find his place in life among other people with powers.

That's why I'm getting Black Clover vibes.

That's basically the only similarity though.

• Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

LOL why the fuck are you even listening to this monster?

because villians gotta monologue

also good on vegeta being a voice of reason and telling Trunks not to listen to them

to bad he won't listen

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Meilag32 said:

A good villain will get into their opponent's head.

True, but they usually have to do that before you know the lines they've crossed. At this point they already know the shit they pulled since Zamasu and Black just explained it to them. :D

Trunks should have been all

Hf9Z52B.gif

on Zamasu's cocky ass attempt at that mind game after what he'd already told Trunks he'd done to the other Goku, Chi Chi, etc.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mochi said:

it started with lightning, so I'm Guessing Super Saiyan Two

Which is strange as fuck considering he single-handedly defeated Dabura in his own timeline with SS1. The same Dabura who gave SS2 Gohan a run for his money.

Edited by Gyaos

Just now, Gyaos said:

Which is strange as fuck considering he single-handedly defeated Dabura in his own timeline with SS1. The same Dabura who gave SS2 Gohan a run for his money.

To be fair, Gohan was weaker during the Buu saga than during the Cell Saga.  That's what 7 years of not training will do to you.

• Like 2

Just now, Meilag32 said:

But it's got some blue tinting.  I wonder if he unlocked a new form unique to him.

**shrug**,

that sort of happens to Vegeta in the final arc when he unlocks the second stage of Super Saiyan god and Goku doesn't but unlocks ultra instinct but they didn't say that's what this was with Trunks

28 minutes ago, mochi said:

**shrug**,

Reveal hidden contents

that sort of happens to Vegeta in the final arc when he unlocks the second stage of Super Saiyan god and Goku doesn't but unlocks ultra instinct but they didn't say that's what this was with Trunks

Trunks unlocked his potential and vegetto got revealed for fighterz. Roffffl

Edited by Roymustang1990

7 hours ago, Gyaos said:

I'm just saying, I've only heard of MHA with some comparing it to other anime. It sounds like MC gets his powers after trying to find his place in life among other people with powers.

That's why I'm getting Black Clover vibes.

The only things they have in common is they're both Shonen... and BC also got a lot of hate for doing the whole "boy with no powers gets powers" thing RIGHT after MHA did it. Not only did it do it after... it did it worse.

Other than that they're not even in the same weight class as anime.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Meilag32 said:

But it's got some blue tinting.  I wonder if he unlocked a new form unique to him.

Ok so all I can find on what that forms name is...  either SS Rage or SS False blue. So Trunks can't go SS3 or SSG but somehow accesses a form that puts him on par with Goku Black.

As usual DB writing is awful and you shouldn't think about it too much.

It really makes me sad that they never put even the slightest bit of effort into making stuff make sense.

Also does anyone find the "no blood allowed" policy in Super ridiculous when people are constantly being impaled?

Edited by Daos
  • Like 1

I mean, Trunks did spar with SSG Vegeta, didn't he? Easy justification for "saiyan got stronger."

More importantly, I feel like Beerus/Whis really should've known about the time rings being able to null any past effects. They really ought to have expected some sort of complication.

What are the chances they pull out a "bad guy trump card" and use the potara earrings to fuse? Would they retain Zamasu's invincibility plus the combined boosted fusion of power?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daos said:

He had a 5 minute sparring match with Vegeta. That in no way makes any sense for him to suddenly be powerful enough to do anything to Goku Black.

neither does Goku being able to fight with a hole running through his abdomen when the same exact injury left Vegeta unconscious