UnevenEdge

I'm watching the ReBoot Reboot

mochi

it's Code Lyoko

which now that I think about it Code Lyoko got a live action reboot a few years ago in france and I actively am wondering if this show was an attempt to localize that that went off the rails and somehow picked up ReBoot Branding as it spun out of control

So it's not even awful enough to be a meme, it's just another subpar show that happened to exist?

That's not even fun.  Stuff that's so awful you can't look away has fun to it, but this is just...mediocire.

Guess I'll wait for SSSS Gridman.

Just now, Jman said:

So it's not even awful enough to be a meme, it's just another subpar show that happened to exist?

That's not even fun.  Stuff that's so awful you can't look away has fun to it, but this is just...mediocire.

Guess I'll wait for SSSS Gridman.

as a ReBoot reboot it's fucking wretched

as a stand along show that isn't connected to ReBoot......I don't have much to say about it negative or positive

it's basically just a bunch of generic Anime clichee's and plot elements stolen from Code Lyoko

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jman said:

I hear Bob shows up in an episode this season.  I really hope they try to explain the climax of the old show.  Just to see how they shit over it.

they showed Mainframe in Episode 2

and megabyte's new voice......is surprisingly not terrible

see now I'm conflicted

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jman said:

That could just be the area.

I know a lot of people who prefer the privacy of a unisex bathroom.

true....still sees like an odd thing to draw overt attention to if they aren't trying to imply something about that character though

10 minutes ago, Jman said:

So it did something...right?

Or is this just a way to twist the knife further?

so far it's done more than one or two things right....but the human teens diving into cyberspace storyline was......a strange choice

I'm not as adamantly hateful as I initially was but it's still.......just odd

Episode 10 proves to me that writers for kids shows these days either have completely thin skin, a huge amount of self loathing, or both.

HURDURURUDUR OLD REBOOT FAN IS BASEMENT NECKBEARD.  Fuck you, no one asked for Reboot to be remade as goddamn Power Rangers.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:53 PM, Jman said:

Episode 10 proves to me that writers for kids shows these days either have completely thin skin, a huge amount of self loathing, or both.

HURDURURUDUR OLD REBOOT FAN IS BASEMENT NECKBEARD.  Fuck you, no one asked for Reboot to be remade as goddamn Power Rangers.

to be fair the Character representing the show's Fanbase in Steven Universe is also a Basement Neckbeard

latest?cb=20140131063429

who has tried to murder several people

but yeah the Final episode shattered any redeeming qualities this show had

49 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It is honestly interesting to see how mochi micro-analyzes a crappy series in a vacuum like this...

Well, maybe not in a "vacuum", since Jman chimes in every 2-3 posts...

I can’t help it.  I liked the original and it really did serve to show what Toonami could do.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It is honestly interesting to see how mochi micro-analyzes a crappy series in a vacuum like this...

Well, maybe not in a "vacuum", since Jman chimes in every 2-3 posts...

don't be an ass

I was a fan of the original so I felt it a duty to rip this remake to shreds

• Like 1

The original Reboot was something of a watershed moment for Toonami because it was proof the audience wouldn’t crap on Western shows.  It was also proof Toonami’s notorious editing standards were because they were trying to censor freaking harem anime.  Reboot had more freedom with Toonami than it ever did with  ABC.

So it nothing else, it’s a part of Toonami’s history, while this just seems full of shame and self loathing from the writers.

1 hour ago, Jman said:

The original Reboot was something of a watershed moment for Toonami because it was proof the audience wouldn’t crap on Western shows.  It was also proof Toonami’s notorious editing standards were because they were trying to censor freaking harem anime.  Reboot had more freedom with Toonami than it ever did with  ABC.

So it nothing else, it’s a part of Toonami’s history, while this just seems full of shame and self loathing from the writers.

TBH I think ReBoot was given MORE freedom than even most of the animes on toonami since they were allowed to show a child have his eye Slashed out by Satan WITH BLOOD in great detail in season 2's finale

Or how gruesome that evil Guardian's Death was against AndrAIa in season 3

Edited by mochi