UnevenEdge

Zombies are scariest when they can move fast

Lasty

I think it more depends scene for scene.

you can do some creepy and visceral stuff with slow zombies. 

you can create a sense of immediate peril with fast zombies.

for me I think - there's something creepier about - like something just slowly overtaking you than "OMG RUN".  I guess maybe the idea of quick death vs slow death?  or something.

like with fast zombies there's no real time to be like "i'm fucked", with slow zombies, you can hit that realization and still have miles to go before you're actually dead.  to me that's way worse.

I think it more depends scene for scene.

you can do some creepy and visceral stuff with slow zombies. 

you can create a sense of immediate peril with fast zombies.

for me I think - there's something creepier about - like something just slowly overtaking you than "OMG RUN".  I guess maybe the idea of quick death vs slow death?  or something.

like with fast zombies there's no real time to be like "i'm fucked", with slow zombies, you can hit that realization and still have miles to go before you're actually dead.  to me that's way worse.

Yeah, it does depend on the situation. I just feel like, with slow zombies you're usually going to feel like you have a chance. If they're strong and fast, and they've got numbers the odds are a lot worse.

i disagree. the true horror of zombies comes from inevitability. the feeling of no matter what you do, its only a matter of time that they kill you.

also, -1 for mentioning a thread about fast zombie and not even mention 28 days later which was the best movie with fast zombies.

28 was probably the best zombie movie too.

Like in World War Z or I am Legend. Walking dead zombies are at least manageable in small numbers, and they're slow enough you can run from herds.

Agreed but Zombies don't have to move fast if they can keep going and a living person can't. If nothing else grabs their attention a TWD zombie will follow you nonstop

Agreed but Zombies don't have to move fast if they can keep going and a living person can't. If nothing else grabs their attention a TWD zombie will follow you nonstop

This is a really good point, but now imagine they can sprint non-stop...