UnevenEdge

Could Re:Zero be coming to Toonami??

OwlChemist81

You don't need any indication that he's being sarcastic to know he's being sarcastic, dummy. Having conversed with him several times over the past few years, I knew he was kidding the moment he said it.

That and the article didn't actually outright say Toonami was going to air SAO Alternative, so you know, you could've figured he was lying based on that instead of reacting like an impulsive moron. ¬¬

I thought the previous post about Gun Gale alternative would make it obvious that I was kidding around =P

I mean there's a good chance S3 SAO will be on Toonami at some point but obviously there's no plans yet when the anime doesn't come out for 6 months.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 7:52 AM, Daos said:

Yeah I was just messing around. It's more likely to be TG S3 or Kabaneri. I having trouble believing they could get Re Zero when they couldn't get MHA or Mob Psycho.

Or, dark horse candidate. Steins gate Zero!

Think of the biggest, best show that would make the most sense for Toonami to get and then set your sights 2 or 3 levels below that.  That's what it's been like the past couple years.  Demarco really dropping the ball.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Think of the biggest, best show that would make the most sense for Toonami to get and then set your sights 2 or 3 levels below that.  That's what it's been like the past couple years.  Demarco really dropping the ball.

They seem to average one big "get" a year. They got Kill la Kill.. and OPM was and is still insanely popular. I'm hoping that their big get this year is Re Zero and not Kabaneri or worst case scenario TG S3.

• Like 1

Even if we DO get TGS3 a.k.a. TG:Re, no WAY that would be the big "get", but to be fair, Re:Zero wouldn't even be the big "get". That would have to be FLCL despite the fact that it's only 12 episodes. Last year's big "get" was only 10 (Samurai Jack Season 5), though you could argue the runner-up was Dragon Ball Super.

Wow you are wildly overestimating the popularity of FLCL. And I do mean wildly. Getting Re Zero would be much better for the block than FLCL.

FLCL is more on par with Jojo. It's well known and respected in the anime community. It's also very niche and probably won't get the ratings you think it will.

It's also worth mentioning that Re Zero is popular now, while FLCL was popular 18 years ago.

If you wanna go by MAL

Ranked #469 Popularity #117 for FLCL

Ranked #140 Popularity #36 for Re Zero

So yeah no contest there. Re Zero is way more popular and better critically received than FLCL, especially a FLCL sequel season that no one was asking for.

I would consider getting the most popular anime of any particular year as the big get.

On 3/25/2018 at 4:09 AM, Daos said:

They seem to average one big "get" a year. They got Kill la Kill.. and OPM was and is still insanely popular. I'm hoping that their big get this year is Re Zero and not Kabaneri or worst case scenario TG S3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonami

2012 Toonami was just getting on its feet, but really came into its own in 2013.  That year had SAO, and finally got Soul Eater, which ASA foolishly passed on.  Years passed the peak of its hype, but still, nice to have it on.  Don't know if I count One Piece given American viewers' apathy towards it. 

2014 they got Attack on Titan, undeniable the biggest get of that year.  They also got Hellsing Ultimate, an anime classic, Gurren Lagann, another great show which ASA should have gotten, InuYasha Final Act, yet another ASA dropped ball and finishing things up for any InuYasha fans that might still be around, and Blue Exorcist, not sure where you'd put that.  2014 was a great year. 

2015 saw SAO II, Kill la Kill, and Akame Ga Kill.  All three pretty big shows.  You had a solid B+ player (to quote The Authority describing Daniel Bryan, heh) in Parasyte. 

2016 had One-Punch Man, one of the biggest of gets.  JoJo came in that year, not as huge with casual fans but I still consider getting it notable.  Gundam returned, though I'm not sure many people cared as much as Demarco thought they would.  Gundam was last popular here many years ago.  Hunter x Hunter is popular with some people for some reason, but evidently not popular with most viewers given its continual slide down the schedule and getting beaten by years old horrid Shippuden filler.  Also they got Shippuden in 2014.  Forgot to mention that.  But the episodes are so far behind? 

2017 we had both Super and Kai come in.   Funny considering how Demarco once said they didn't need Dragon Ball but pounced on it as soon as it was available. =P But yeah, it's obvious getting Dragon Ball back on the block was a big deal.  They got Samurai Jack, which got them legit mainstream coverage.  Tokyo Ghoul, as horrible as it is, is massively popular, though it's odd they didn't get it until years since later since people had been asking for it (and apparently never shut up about it).  Oh, and more Gundam...

So yeah things were going great for a while but since 2016 at least they've been going downhill.

But yeah I'd take pretty much anything but Tokyo Ghoul, bleh.  I hope you are right but I'm not having any expectations.