UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 375 Discussion

StarPanda

i figured as much but doesn't change the fact that one piece seems to stall a lot of the time and flashbacks take up a good chunk of every episode no matter how brief

it's like the worst long runner ever when it comes to pacing

Well, it's either that or Filleruto. Pick your poison.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like one piece i really do but every week i feel like my patience is tested with the slow ass pacing and You Mean Sasuke&Friends? cause Naruto has not really done much in ages on toonami

Then just read the manga. That's as great as ever. Everyone knows the anime has slowed down a good deal.

And yes, Sasuke Shippuden as it's called now. Lol.

Naruto is pretty much just as behind.

Cant be helped when both series are over 700 episodes.

At Least Naruto is over though so there's no real rush...You'll eventually get to the end sometime(depending on how patience you are)

But One Piece? It's Episode count gets bigger and bigger all the time so it becomes harder and harder just to keep track of everything going on if you are watching it just on toonami

At Least Naruto is over though so there's no real rush...You'll eventually get to the end sometime(depending on how patience you are)

But One Piece? It's Episode count gets bigger and bigger all the time so it becomes harder and harder just to keep track of everything going on if you are watching it just on toonami

Naruto's MANGA is over.

The anime is still chugging along.

At least One Piece still has a reason to keep going. There's no reason for Naruto.

Then just read the manga. That's as great as ever. Everyone knows the anime has slowed down a good deal.

And yes, Sasuke Shippuden as it's called now. Lol.

I'd do that if there was a store that carried manga's since i already get comic books shipped to me by mail i don't need to worry about manga volumes being shoved into the mailbox with them

Walmart around here used to carry manga for a couple months last year but even then they never carried any volumes of One Piece...Weird Really(but they carried Akame Ga Kill)

Naruto's MANGA is over.

The anime is still chugging along.

At least One Piece still has a reason to keep going. There's no reason for Naruto.

i thought all naruto had left were movies and one shot specials I've not heard anything out of Naruto Anime Series wise in ages!

last thing i heard were the naruto video games and Boruto

i thought all naruto had left were movies and one shot specials I've not heard anything out of Naruto Anime Series wise in ages!

last thing i heard were the naruto video games and Boruto

They've adapted everything but the final chapter. Currently they're delaying that by adapting the light novels and general filler. Then it'll be continued on anyway through Boruto.

So yeah, essentially, the Naruto series is never-ending as well.

Well, it's either that or Filleruto. Pick your poison.

Filler arcs are a lot easier to work in since the crew just travels around and has largely self-contained adventures at the islands and other various locations they visit.  So they should just do that.  Sure, it's not going to match Oda's writing, but the One Piece filler arcs we had in the past weren't horrible or anything.  Some were very lazy and unimaginative though... which really shows with a show like One Piece, which... is the polar opposite of that most of the time.  It's not that the filler arcs are so bad so much as they are noticeably not as good as the canon material.  I think I'd ultimately rather have breaks in the canon than fucking up the canon itself with padding.  You can skip filler arcs, after all... nothing can fix stretched out and fucked up canon material.  Of course they could go seasonal but Toei is way too greedy for that, and they have the excuse that THE SHOW ALREADY STARTED IT'S TOO LATE TO CHANGE THE FORMAT NOW! ::)

no other anime is as far behind as one piece is for American Television

Freaking Hell That was a 9 year old episode!!!!

Like I said... that's why I'm gonna' have to go current, and for the other reasons I stated.  It's just too ridiculously behind.  Maybe if One Piece hadn't been canceled from American TV for so long it wouldn't be so far behind.  *sigh*

I'd do that if there was a store that carried manga's since i already get comic books shipped to me by mail i don't need to worry about manga volumes being shoved into the mailbox with them

Walmart around here used to carry manga for a couple months last year but even then they never carried any volumes of One Piece...Weird Really(but they carried Akame Ga Kill)

Are you really getting so many comic books that you can't get a volume off Amazon here and there?  That's how most people would buy them.  And I believe Viz has a service or at least digital versions you could online if you so chose.  Personally though I prefer to have the actual book in my hand.

Filler arcs are a lot easier to work in since the crew just travels around and has largely self-contained adventures at the islands and other various locations they visit.  So they should just do that.  Sure, it's not going to match Oda's writing, but the One Piece filler arcs we had in the past weren't horrible or anything.  Some were very lazy and unimaginative though... which really shows with a show like One Piece, which... is the polar opposite of that most of the time.  It's not that the filler arcs are so bad so much as they are noticeably not as good as the canon material.  I think I'd ultimately rather have breaks in the canon than fucking up the canon itself with padding.  You can skip filler arcs, after all... nothing can fix stretched out and fucked up canon material.  Of course they could go seasonal but Toei is way too greedy for that, and they have the excuse that THE SHOW ALREADY STARTED IT'S TOO LATE TO CHANGE THE FORMAT NOW! ::)

Yeah, but at the point of how close the manga is with the anime... the filler would no doubt be like Naruto's and Bleach's, where it would eventually intrude in the middle of a canon arc several times. It'd be one thing if they only did it after a canon arc, but with how long it has been going, by this point, we'd have constant interruptions during the middle of arcs. For example, in 2015, Naruto has a grand total of 8 canon episodes spread out throughout the whole year with filler bridging it all together. At this point, if we went the filler route, One Piece would be the same.

They've adapted everything but the final chapter. Currently they're delaying that by adapting the light novels and general filler. Then it'll be continued on anyway through Boruto.

So yeah, essentially, the Naruto series is never-ending as well.

If they're doing the sequel anyway why don't they just adapt the last chapter and get it the fuck over with?  It has to be the most obnoxious and transparently greed-driven bullshit I've ever seen by an anime studio.  How the hell does the show not get canceled from this?  Will the Japanese Naruto fans literally just lap up any old bullshit as long as it has Naruto and co. in it?  Maybe the Japanese just aren't as bothered by horrible filler as we are... but god damn... stretching it out as long as possible to milk it for all it's worth and refusing to adapt the last chapter.... soooo fucking obnoxious.  I've never seen such a thing.  It's like a parody of the filler issue and anime in general.  You couldn't even make a scenario like this up!

Yeah, but at the point of how close the manga is with the anime... the filler would no doubt be like Naruto's and Bleach's, where it would eventually intrude in the middle of a canon arc several times. It'd be one thing if they only did it after a canon arc, but with how long it has been going, by this point, we'd have constant interruptions during the middle of arcs. For example, in 2015, Naruto has a grand total of 8 canon episodes spread out throughout the whole year with filler bridging it all together. At this point, if we went the filler route, One Piece would be the same.

I mean wait to do it between arcs.  Don't do it in the middle of arcs.  If the issues is some long-ass arc going right now and it's close to the manga and they don't want to make some random "what-if" story in the middle of it, well then they should've been doing a filler arc before this arc started, and probably several more earlier in the series.  Not saying do a filler arc in between every canon arc, as that would be obnoxious, but at least enough to pace things out so you don't get so close to the manga.  I mean it's inevitable they will catch up, especially with Oda being forced to take his fourth week off every month.

Are you really getting so many comic books that you can't get a volume off Amazon here and there?  That's how most people would buy them.  And I believe Viz has a service or at least digital versions you could online if you so chose.  Personally though I prefer to have the actual book in my hand.

yeah i usually get a big batch once every month and yeah I'd like to have the manga but again it's probably more annoying getting started with the manga than the anime at this rate

I mean wait to do it between arcs.  Don't do it in the middle of arcs.  If the issues is some long-ass arc going right now and it's close to the manga and they don't want to make some random "what-if" story in the middle of it, well then they should've been doing a filler arc before this arc started, and probably several more earlier in the series.  Not saying do a filler arc in between every canon arc, as that would be obnoxious, but at least enough to pace things out so you don't get so close to the manga.  I mean it's inevitable they will catch up, especially with Oda being forced to take his fourth week off every month.

I don't think it's that easy to foretell, hence why Naruto and Bleach were littered with filler interrupting canon.

Like I said... that's why I'm gonna' have to go current, and for the other reasons I stated.  It's just too ridiculously behind.  Maybe if One Piece hadn't been canceled from American TV for so long it wouldn't be so far behind.  *sigh*

i just keep thinking One Piece was drawn a bad hand while DBZ Gets to laugh about getting in on the action before crap like 4Kids was around and could ruin them in such a manner

that's the only reason One Piece got this way is because of 4Kids and their existence.....If It Had Been DBZ Instead Of One Piece  We would have been in the same position except with DBZ Being Extremely Obscure in the united states and seen as a laughing stock for a crap dub

I don't think it's that easy to foretell, hence why Naruto and Bleach were littered with filler interrupting canon.

True... there's no telling how long an arc will go or what the author's plans are (or lack thereof) in some cases.  And even with all of Oda's planning things don't always take the amount of time he estimates they will.  Stuff can go long or go short easily.  So yeah I see what you mean.  GO SEASONAL!  It's the smartest and probably only solution!  But of course Toei would never do that.  Too greedy.  And as I said, they have the excuse of saying that One Piece started before that became the norm so it's "set" as a long-runner.  Ugh.

I wonder if they would actually do a One Piece Kai or something later.... good god it would take forever to redo the whole show. :D

i just keep thinking One Piece was drawn a bad hand while DBZ Gets to laugh about getting in on the action before crap like 4Kids was around and could ruin them in such a manner

that's the only reason One Piece got this way is because of 4Kids and their existence.....If It Had Been DBZ Instead Of One Piece  We would have been in the same position except with DBZ Being Extremely Obscure in the united states and seen as a laughing stock for a crap dub

Man you know years ago people used to bitch about Funimation and put it on about the same level as 4Kids.  Then again a lot of them could've been obnoxious subbies.  But that was something that went on back then.  But yeah I can't imagine 4Kids DBZ... if we thought Funi's use of "darn" was obnoxious... good lord.

Then again, Other World, HFIL, Hercule... sounds like stuff 4Kids would do!  :D BUT!  The dub was still decent and fairly true to spirit, even if some things got screwed up with the scripts and such (like the teen Androids not being cyborgs), and the edits for violence weren't too bad.  And for everything post Namek Saga you had the uncut version... so yeah even with all that better than even GOOD 4Kids dubs in my opinion..

DBZ's success in the US had more to do with when it was brought over and the fact that it was pretty unique for it's time. The dub isn't much better than 4Kids One Piece in retrospect though it is less censored.

The anime boom was pretty much over by the time One Piece got here. Toonami was relegated to once a week instead of being on weekday afternoons. There's no way DBZ would have been as popular as it became in the early 2000s if it was only airing once or twice a week with little promotion. It practically died in syndication before Toonami picked it up and gave it a stable home where it could be seen by a generation of young people who had never experienced anything quite like it before. It was the right show on the right venue but the same thing might have happened to One Piece is it was on the air by 2001 regardless of the dub.

That old DBZ dub is riddled with script changes and punched up lines, replaced music and modified characterization and very questionable casting. Add to that in the 3rd season when FUNimation started dubbing it in house they were using a lot of people who were entirely new to voice acting (most were actors of some kind though). So the acting in at least that season isn't much better than 4Kids One Piece. I suppose the synth music in DBZ was "cool" while the synth music in One Piece wasn't but other than that they suffer almost all the same problems yet old DBZ is fondly remembered and 4Kids One Piece is not. I'm pretty confident it has more to do with being shown at the right place at the right time rather than production quality.

Fansubs of DBZ were not widely available until DBZ was already reasonably popular here while One Piece fansubs were widely available long before 4Kids got the series and that definitely clued people in on why 4Kids dub was lacking and why they never really noticed or cared about the same quality issues present in old DBZ dubs.

I wont say DBZ wouldn't have been a hit if it came out several years later but there's no question in my mind that it wouldn't be as big of a hit if it came over in 2003 and might have even been passed over entirely once One Piece and Naruto were tearing up the charts in Japan. If Toonami had never picked it up when they did, it may have been dead in the water here outside of online fandom but something widely appealing wouldn't likely never catch on. International interest in DBZ would have been inevitable and that would get more anime viewers in the US interested. Can't say for sure if the general public would ever be familiar with it but it'd probably be at least as popular as One Piece is here.

Okay I give One Piece a lot of slack when it comes to explaining things but the whole burning bodies situation turning out just fine is more than a little hard to swallow. Half of their bodies looked to be gone and they come back unscathed? That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Okay I give One Piece a lot of slack when it comes to explaining things but the whole burning bodies situation turning out just fine is more than a little hard to swallow. Half of their bodies looked to be gone and they come back unscathed? That doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Well, the explanation is that the body and shadow are 'one' and have to match when together (Moria demonstrated this when he modified Oars' shadow to turn into a ball, in which Oars body also turned into a ball) "Shadow Revolution", I think he called it. Basically, when the "whole" shadow comes back, their bodies 'come back' as well (since the shadow and body have to match when together)

I admit, he kinda went too far with that concept when it came to the bodies already being half gone, but that is the explanation. Don;t forget, this is the same show that has Sanji spontaneously combust into flames and use that as an attacking method, even though he has no Devil Fruit powers or anything.

I also think Oda's take on "shadow powers" is pretty creative. Usually shonen manga artist treat 'shadow' as an attacking element (like fire or ice), which is kinda lame. Although, I guess Blackbeard's Dark Dark Fruit kinda fits that bill.