UnevenEdge

Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters Episode 100 Discussion

Meilag32

xPrQH3K.jpg

Episode 100:  "A New Hero, Great Saiyaman, Is Born!"

Recap: Seven years after defeating Cell, life on Earth has returned to normal.  Mr. Satan is recognized as the hero who defeated Cell while Gohan and the rest of the Z Fighters remained unknown (which they preferred).  Gohan, at the behest of Chichi, stated attending high school in Satan City.  But after a few times stopping criminals in Super Saiyan form, the city is abuzz over the golden warrior who has saved the day.  Videl, Mr. Satan's daughter and classmate of Gohan, has grown suspicious that Gohan may be this unknown warrior.

No flaming, trolling, spamming, hating, etc. 

I'd like to make an apology I made a few weeks ago for saying the Kai Buu dub sounds more stilted than the original.

I downloaded the original's equivalent to Kai 99 (episode 200)...I was wrong. Holy fuck was I wrong.

Yeah, I remember when you said that, I was like - "Huhhhhhhhh?? It must be nostalgia." Lmao.

Yeah, I remember when you said that, I was like - "Huhhhhhhhh?? It must be nostalgia." Lmao.

Nostalgia...the enemy of us all.  It's like Beer Goggles.  Upon re-evaluation, that thing you thought was so great doesn't quite hold up to a higher standard.

It's mostly because I looked at clips of that saga and Chris Sabat and Sean Schemmel were coming to their own already.

However, I totally forgot about Kyle Herbert and Kara Edwards being newbies. *shudder*

I don't know why I never noticed how vaguely Tiffany grant-ish Kara Edwards voice is at times, more so in Kai

it's not like that Sound-alike girl viz has but when she gets angry she kind of channels Asuka

Vegeta is right, at least. Things never stay peaceful for long in the Dragon Ball universe.

Vegeta is kind of always right

he's one of those characters who nobody trusts because he's sort of evil even though he almost always has a point about what he says

Is he really donning a superhero outfit to catch speeders?

Gohan is a rather massive dork

and he always was lets not act like this is new, he was just a precious baby in the older eps so we couldn't be mad at him

now he's 16 so acting like a child is less cute (even though he still is one)

So far,this episode isnt as good as I remembered  itor maybe it wasn't good in the first place  :o

the whole Great Saiyanman saga was sort of filler, basically just meant to give more explaination where Videl came from and why Gohan was using an alias to fight in the Tenkaichi Budokai

Ah I see.that makes absolutely sense

there was an episode devoted to Gohan dating a horrible girl because he thought she saw him take off his saiyaman disguise, turned out she just saw his teddy bear underwear

, I assume Kai skips it

So Videl beats up a couple of nobodies, stupidly knocks out the driver, and sends all of them plummeting to their deaths?  Seems like a bad superhero to me.

The driver was one of them but yeah, that other than beating some weaklings up that was some big fail for her first superhero outing of the show lol

Not even ready to jump into the driver's seat after she knocked them out

what I'm curious about is

Mr. Satan is tan (Brown in the manga and Super) withj Afro textured hair, leading me to belive he's black.....why is Videl so pale?....was his wife really light?

I doubt he was black or he would have looked Mr. Popo.  I think he was just tanned.