UnevenEdge

sneaky pussies

MEXobiologist

keep getting into the kitchen garbage

we switched from an open style can to a cheap flip lid style trash. they figure out that if they step on the pedal, the top opens, so one jumps up while the other stands on it. seriously, i watched them from around the corner. so we detached the lid and just put it on top. nope. they somehow figured out how to scoot the back away from the wall and knock it off from behind.

the good news is that they seem to only really be interested in the raw bones or strangely enough, when there is beans in there.... so far thats it.

how should i stop them from digging in the trash when no one is around to stop them? do you think they would figure out a trash that is motion sensor? or do i switch up what gets taken directly out to the street trash?

rig it to a machine that will give them a mild shock whenever they touch the garbage can  O0

lol, while this is an appealing option, i can't even finish assembling a 3d printer with both the instructions and a video tutorial >.>

i may just try a sensor trash or maybe one of those older style wood ones where the lid sets into the top. 

Guest The Hound

put something heavy underneath the foot pedal that can be nudged underneath it blocking it's function when you're not home

they'll never figure it out after that.

put something heavy underneath the foot pedal that can be nudged underneath it blocking it's function when you're not home

they'll never figure it out after that.

Thats a pretty good solution for meow. Hopefully they don't figure it out, they're too damn smart.

One figured out how to turn on the bathroom faucet to get to the running water. Lol.

Guest The Hound

Thats a pretty good solution for meow. Hopefully they don't figure it out, they're too damn smart.

One figured out how to turn on the bathroom faucet to get to the running water. Lol.

I like your cats.

I like your cats.

I do too but they are still just 5 1/2 months old, I dunno what else they are gonna outsmart us on  >:D

The vet warned us that the breeds of these two are on the smarter end of house cats and that I should continue looking into training the maine coon especially.

Sneaky more like smart amrite?

Best thing to do is put something heavy in the lid after a while they will loose interest or seperatly throw away what they look for

Very very smart. The tuxedo style cat is very inquisitive. For a while she was trying to figure out where the water was going when it went down the bathroom sink. She kept smelling the drain and then looking underneath the bowl, its a pedestal style. Now her obsession is door knobs and light switches. The lamp switches seem to frustrate her.