UnevenEdge

So this cool thing happened at work today[Pic]

MegaNaraku

So today was interesting. I was having a shit day and feeling quite hateful at work, until this Monk shows up. He literally told me "you meditate don't you?" Well the answer was yes. We talked for a good little while and had similar beliefs and philosophy, etc

Far too much to type out.

He was kind enough to give me a self realization/meditation book and beads.

Oh also, my jacket also came in~

Jacket.thumb.jpg.61af9529b9d21c95ec21ce21bf386c33.jpg

I've actually never seen a monk, in person, in my life.

I imagine they're pretty chill people

My freshman year of college i was going to be antisocial in the library and a monk popped out of the mens bathroom .... and i was just like ... so this is college

My freshman year of college i was going to be antisocial in the library and a monk popped out of the mens bathroom .... and i was just like ... so this is college

My College had a huge Student Exchange program going with some College In Japan.  All the Japanese kids would hangout in this lounge area in my Dorms literally, all night.  It was right next to the 24 hour, you're drunk sammich place.

One night I saw like a group of 8 of them leaving there and I said "konichiwa!" because I was intoxicated and feeling social, her rebuttal was "I'm Korean asshole"

To this day I can't tell if she was insanely hot for being a smartass, or if I was accidentally racist.   

It's actually a common thing they do. They give out nice hard cover books and trinkets. It's their version of missionary like mormons and jehovahs witnesses. There was a guy in Santa Barbara who would run around doing it. They're slick and good at making it seem like it's a natural unique little interaction you had. I thought it was at first too. Then like 6 months later he apparently didnt remember me and tried giving me the same book again

The books could probably help people but I'd rather they just set up a table and handed them out from a pile instead of acting like an altruistic guy who just finished reading it and wanted to pass it on to someone else. It's manipulative

:D :D :D

there goes the magic.

really slick of them

It's actually a common thing they do. They give out nice hard cover books and trinkets. It's their version of missionary like mormons and jehovahs witnesses. There was a guy in Santa Barbara who would run around doing it. They're slick and good at making it seem like it's a natural unique little interaction you had. I thought it was at first too. Then like 6 months later he apparently didnt remember me and tried giving me the same book again

The books could probably help people but I'd rather they just set up a table and handed them out from a pile instead of acting like an altruistic guy who just finished reading it and wanted to pass it on to someone else. It's manipulative

It's what they do yeah, but after having a shit day at work, having one give me a couple gifts and just trying to talk to me man to man about well, everything. It was just nice. That was the real magic right there. Just having a nice conversation about life with someone such as he. It was just very nice, which made my night